Chapter-28

Avoid mistakes if any.

It is lunch time and Nandini went to get the food reheated. She came back in her usual time after heating the food. Just when she entered in, the aroma of the food hit Manik's nostrils. He looked up to see Nandini entering in.

Now that he saw her coming in, Manik got up before Nandini could call him. Actually it was not her arrival but the aroma of the food that made him restless and pulled him close to it. He left to wash his hands and Nandini placed their plates and spoon.

Manik came out and they sat. Nandini filled his plate. Seeing the yellow lumps in his plate, he frowned. He could recognise all the dishes except from that. So he asked her.

Ma-what's this?

Nandini looked up at him on his question coz she was busy filling her plate. Then she saw what he was asking about and than said.

Nan-pav ka halwa.

Ma-pav ka? You mean that jo hum vada pav k sath khate hai woh wala pav?

Nandini bobbed her head in yes and Manik said.

Ma-yeh kaisa dish hai?

Nan-it's very yummy.........try it........Muslims mei kafi famous hai.

Manik made an ohh face 😯 as this was quiet a new thing for him. He took a bite of it. The sweetness of it got mixed in milk poured down in his throat. The softness of the pav just melted in his mouth. The taste of khoya was just perfect and the nuts were just the prefect combination.

Just in one bite he felt so much of uniqueness in it. He loved that sweet. He relished it and than took a quick second bite. After gulping that he said.

Ma-yeh bahut tasty hai..........muje bahut aacha laga.

Nandini replied after gulping her morsel.

Nan-yeah meri favourite meethai hai..........but yeh sab jagha available nhi hai........jo caterers hote hai wohi banate hai..........but minimum hi 1 kg ka order lete hai..........itna saara kaun khayega............isliye phir mei khud hi bana leti ho.........occasionally...........waise har saal dadaji mere birthday pe yeh order krte the........ but then he had a huge family..........toh bulk order bhi finish hojata tha.

Manik heard everything carefully. After saying this Nandini digged in her plate while Manik kept looking at her continuously. Feeling some gaze. She looked up and saw him looking at her. She frowned and asked.

Nan-kya hova?

Ma-there is so many things about us that we don't know..........we need to share a lot of things.

Nan-hhhmm you are right.........there is lots of things that we don't know about each other. Even the basic like our favourite colour, time pass, birthdays.