3

Vincent's POV.

"So you are actually going to reward me with a contract renewal?" Vivienne asked for what seems like hundredth time after we left the room.

"I swear one more time you ask me this and I am gonna kick you out of my house," I grunted before turning off the lights of living room and walking towards the porch of my town house.

In response she just giggled before following me out of the house. Just as she started making her way to her car I stopped her," Are you hungry?" She was startled by my question. I guess maybe because it's first time we are having a conversation minus kink or because it's the first time I have asked her about her. She opened her mouth to reply but nothing came out. She is fucking shocked, I guess I was a bigger jerk to her than I thought.

"I mean to say, do you want to join me for dinner. Its okay if you don't want to though.." I started rambling. Something which I do when I am uncomfortable.

" It's okay with me if you are fine with it?" She asks, unsure.

" Sure, come on!" I gestured her to come sit with me in my car before making my way in the car.

Once she was settled in the passenger seat I took off to a fancy restaurant in the suburbs of Pittsburgh.

"So you will be graduating soon?" Vivienne turned to face me,"what are your plans for internship?"

"You know how much I like imparting knowledge, irrespective of subject," I winked at her," So I decided why not to join RU as a professor?!"

"What?" She asked a bit apprehensive," I mean to say why only RU?" She tried hard to control her nerves but I caught it already.

" What's wrong with RU? My Grandfather is the founder there, it's the easiest way to get in!" I asked a bit bemused.

" But with you GPA, I don't think it's tough for you to get in any field or any other University. They will literally die to employ you. Then why accept this favourism?" Her words were jumbled, giving away me the feeling that she is hiding something.

" Sure but in future I want to join my family business then why not to start with it only?" I don't see a problem in joining RU. Infact I plan in future to take over our food company.

"Yes, that's right," she turned her attention back to the window. But the smile and excitement was gone from her voice.

I hand over my car keys to valet before taking Vivienne's hand and leading her to upstairs. This floor is usually always reserved for our family only. And thanks to that norm, we have total privacy here. I was in no mood of running into someone known there and explaining them my relationship with this girl.

After placing our orders, we sat in silence. Looking at each other and out of the wall length window giving us the calm view of dark night.

"So why did you called me on such a short notice earlier? I thought you were 'not in the mood' tonight. Just the way you texted," she waved her cell phone infront of my eyes and I fought with urge to grab the phone from her hands and squashing it beneath my foot.

" I..saw a girl tonight," I look away from her. It's so embarassing to talk about that I found something interesting today. Not sexually. Something that touched my heart at first glance.

" One of you ex?" She raised her eyebrows. Clearly bewildered.

" No, just a random girl I saw." I explained.

" So? She turned you down when you asked her for the night?" She took a sip from her glass.

" I didn't ask her anything. I didn't think she was strong enough to put up with my taste," I smirked," Moreover, she was in no position to turn me down. Beautiful or not, she was reeking poverty," I cringed at my words.