70

Buckle up!

***

"Oh darling, welcome to the world of Vincent!"

At first I didn't register what she said properly.  I was still dealing with the fact that how weird she was behaving right now. "Vivi," I stepped towards her, my arms extending to hold her in my grasp,"why are you smiling that way at me? Is something the matter?"

Her nose scrunched up in disgust at my concern, she recoiled away from my touch. "Bitch, do not touch me again!"

If not at her words, then sure by her icy cold voice I stumbled back on my feet. My eyes going wide. Only now did my as slow as a snail brain registered what she said earlier.

Welcome to the world of Vincent....

What did she meant by that?

My eyes slowly started trailing to the room as they once again assessed it and everything kept in there.

"I knew he liked you." Vivienne spoke, her voice ringing in the room.

I turned back to her, confused at what she is at.

"But I was so confident that my bestfriend will not be so blinded by his beauty to date without knowing who he actually is!" With each word, the venom in her voice intensified, as she seethe out each and every word through gritted teeth.

"Do you even have an idea what you have signed up for? Or is it just his money that has got you so blinded after him?!" She grabbed me by my elbow roughly and gave it a light shook.

I was staring at her wide eyed all the time. Unable to digest what my best friend has turned into.

As a single tear drop rolled my cheeks, the warmth of it such a contradiction to the coldness of this room, knocked some sense into me.

I pulled away my hand from her, and stuttered the very first thing that came to my mind.

"Are you high on something right now?" Although it was an innocent question as I genuinely thought she has breathed in some intoxicants that has her speaking this way.

She went silent for a whole minute before laughing it all off in my face. "Are you always this naive or you pretend to be one. Because I thought I knew you but now I feel I don't."

I shook my head at her, trying desperately to not listen to how coldly she was addressing me. It genuinely hurts.

"Listen, if you are angry that I have kept my relationship-" before I could say another word, she interrupted.

"Relationship? You call it that? How much do you even know about Vincent to call him your boyfriend? Maybe he only sees you as a body fit for his needs?!" Although her words were addressed to me, she sounded more like she was trying to convince herself of the possibility of what she was spewing.

Me on the other, knew full well of my value in Vincent's eyes. For lovers, eyes are the best communicator. And I can see it in his eyes, the place I hold in them. So I was still holding onto the assumption that either Vivienne is high or she has lost it.

"I don't know what you are saying but I can bet you need some rest. I will see you later." With that I started turning around. Eager to get out of this bullshit penthouse and away from her.

Vivienne again grabbed me by my arm and pulled me back. I almost tripped on my feet by her rash treatment. "Geez, what's wrong with you Vivienne! "

But she did not waver and kept on pulling me towards the closet.

Once we were there, she released me and went straight to the sex toys.

She took one of the floggers from the rack and threw it on my feet, I stepped away from the leather almost immediately. One by one she started throwing those tools in my way, "You know what are these don't you?"