34

Fate is cruel..

Or so I guess because I was sitting on the same row professor Vincent sat earlier with Miss. Barbara, as we depart for campus once the trip ended. I can swear on my makeup that never in my life I had disliked any trip this much.

I was loathing every second of today, going as far as thinking that I should have ditched today's trip and had stayed back at home, stuffing my mouth with salty homemade popcorns. Atleast that would have saved me from the torture of seeing professor being all lovey-dovey with Barbara.

I rolled my eyes to myself at the quiet atmosphere in the bus. Everyone was exhausted out of their existence and half of them were already asleep. Including Vivienne who was sitting beside me with her head on my shoulder, snoring softly.

I leaned back in my chair as tired sighs left my lips, but not once did I blink my eyes. My eyes travelled to the glass windows which was covered with dew. Only the far away lights of streets twinkled through the foggy glass making me realise how lost I was feeling within.

It hurts to even think what they must be doing alone in her home. But the fact that she has a son provided me with some ease.

Ha! As if a toddler can do anything! They were flirting infront of the whole public at aquarium for God's sakes.

Professor Matt's phone vibrated with a call which disturbed the pin-drop silence of the bus, making a few of students groan in annoyance. Poor professor quickly recieved the call and placed the phone against his ears.

"Yes, Mr. Richmond?"

Now this attracted my attention as I sat straight in my seat, paying attention to their every word.

"Oh..You are already in your office?" Professor Matt then glanced at his watch," You know there is no need to do over night."

Professor Vincent was in his office now? That means he is not with Barbara anymore. Somehow, that provided me with some assurance.

But who knows what they did when they were together for the past three hours?

Shut up! Will you?

"Oh please don't overthink! It wasn't so tough to handle a handful of students. I do that every day in my class," Handful my ass! We were bloody two dozens. "Oh no no.."

He was cut off by something professor Vincent said, before he released a defeated sigh. " You don't have to. But still thanks for doing that for me. I would be grateful."

"I owe you one too!" He then hung up the phone with a small smile on his lips as he stretched and yawned loudly. I cringed in disgust as he scratched his butt before leaning back in his seat and closing his eyes.

I huffed and looked at the small driver's cabin blankly.

"Stop!" I yelled, my words cutting through the silence once again and I heard quite a few 'shush' from other students.

I ignored them completely,"I live nearby. There is no need to drop me to the campus, you can drop me here."

The driver pressed on the brake before turning around and facing professor Matt.

Professor Matt's eyes were red with sleep as he looked at me puzzled. I just shrugged in response," It will save me the bus fare. Besides I need to go to the place I work by nine."

He looked out of the window on his side before giving me a weird look," You live here?"

" This is the only place I can afford,"I whispered not wanting to wake up anyone else.