46

It has been two days since I asked Dayton for help. He has been looking into the matter very seriously and have been keeping an eye on everyone who comes and exit the bar. One night he even proposed to walk me home himself.  Which I declined, obviously.

Although I haven't received any other creepy gifts since then, I am still paranoid.

I thought about discussing it with Vivienne when another realisation hit me. I and Vincent are now a thing. I don't know about the details but I know one thing, if I tell him about it, he will definitely help me. And if I don't and he somehow finds out himself then he will be pissed at me for not telling him.

And right now my personal life is so complicated,  I can't afford to let Vivienne in one of my matters and find out the rest of the truth of mine and Vincent's relations.

Or should I say sexual relations?

With that one thought in mind I went to college today.

Someone hugged me from behind as soon as I stepped into the campus, and for a millisecond I panicked. Until I realised it was just Vivienne.  I made sure I don't freak out on her face, so I pulled away from her arms and excused myself for bathroom.

Standing infront of one of the sinks in ladies washroom of my campus,  I glared at my reflection in the mirror. Guilt overpowering my rational thinking.  I tried to stabilize my rapid heartbeat, clutching the marble counter for support.

I shouldn't have pushed Vivienne away like that. She doesn't deserve this.

Splashing the cold water on my face, I tried to scrub the make-up off my face. This shit was starting to frustrate me. As I faced into the mirror again, I cringed seeing the dark circles around my eyes. The pale complexion serving as an evidence of my sleepless nights.

I rubbed my temple, trying to ease the scorching headache. God! I really need to eat more food.

As I stepped out of the washroom, I was astonished to see Vivienne leaning against the wall opposite to the washroom.

Her eyes met mine and a sympathetic smile broke on her lips.

She came towards me and wrapped her arms around my frame, pulling me into her.

I let all the tears, which I held captive in my eyes for the past two days, out. Sobbing on her shoulder, her homie scent relaxing my brain almost immediately.

She ran her hands through my hair,  patting my head like I was a kid. Actually I am. I am so weak.

"Shush, you're not weak, honey," she cooed, squeezing my body in her arms and I winced through tears, I really have very very bad habit of speaking my thoughts aloud.

After a moment or two I pulled away, wiping my nose on my sleeves.

She pulled out her handkerchief from her pocket  and wiped away my tears.

"I know Audrey, you're going through something. And if you don't want to talk about it then fair enough, there are so many issues that I have kept my silence on and you have been okay with it. Trust me I don't mind as well, you don't have to be guilty..." she cupped my face in her hands and I instantly melted away.

More tears leaking through my eyes now,"God, how can you know everything without me even talking about it?" I wailed loudly,  throwing my arms around her again.

She chuckled into my hair, "Because we are bestfriends. And you're too easy to read."

"Ugh," I groaned, I wish I could be more secretive.

~

I walked to the cafeteria with Vivienne clutching on my arms like a worm.

She was talking about another magazine shoot that was going to held in two weeks and how she has already started training for it.