41

Vincent's POV:

I stared at the beauty sleeping peacefully in my arms. God, I can stare at her all my life and not get bored. She is so pretty, that I doubt my stars. When did I get so lucky?

Her big blue eyes, a colour deeper than ocean, were close shut, her lips with a natural pout were parted because of the hand placed underneath her cheeks, her other hand was interlaced with mine as I played with the rings on it. I brought her hand to my lips and placed a small kiss on it.

My eyes felt heavy with sleep, but I didn't succumb to it yet. Just like I haven't since the last night. I have been awake, staring at her like she was some fragile porcelain doll, handed over to a rough beast like me. And how often do I get to stare at her like this? Without any interruption ? So it sounds absurd for me to let go of this opportunity to drink her features in and sleep instead.

By now, it was morning as faint streaks of sunlight filtered in through the slightly ajar windows of this apartment.

I look around the unfamiliar place, the same time a heavy feeling settled in the pit of my stomach.

How much I hate lying to her...

But I had no other option! I haven't told her about my real identity yet. She doesn't knows that I am the heir of The Richmonds.

I have always kept a low profile when it comes to public appearances and that's the reason why not many people, saved for the other elite families and celebrities in Pittsburgh,  knows that I am The Vincent Richmond.

At first, I didn't trusted Audrey that much, I didn't know what kind of person she was. So I lied to her about my family, and them belonging to a small business.  Although I trust her now, but I still can't reveal to her everything. I don't know how she will react and I definitely don't want her to look at me any differently.

I want her to love me for the sake of who I am and not for what I have.

Not that she really knows who actually I am...

If you see closely, I know everything about her and whatever she knows about me is a big fat lie. From my family to my facade of a gentleman everything is a lie except for the fact that I really can't stay away from her.

And that my feelings are genuine for her.

I bought this apartment yesterday, after I invited her on a date with me as I wanted to spend my birthday with her and not around fake socialites. And then I realized I really can't risk her bringing to my home without having my true identity disclose infront of her. So I bought this apartment and asked my bodyguards to decorate it like they would do to their homes. And look how they did it. Pretty much bland and lifeless if you ask me.

But I really can't blame them. They wear black the whole year for god's sake!

And now Audrey thinks I live here, just like I wanted.

Last night was amazing. Never would I have ever imagined that she would really allow me to touch her...that intimately. And I am glad she allowed me, it shows that I am not the only one here with feelings. I am glad that she trusts me with her. And I promise her now and here that I will keep up to her trust.

She stirred slightly in her sleep, furthermore pressing her round globes into my hard chest and only god knows how much will power it took from me to not grunt out loud.

I trailed my hands over her curves, squeezing them wherever I can.

I entangled my legs around her small frame and sighed in relief, as my body made contact with her plush one. She feels like a big soft toy that I wish I can squeeze in my arms.