47

I adjusted the plunging neckline of my black dress studded with crystals while stepping down the stage.

I was about to make a beeline for the changing room but Dayton stopped me. His eyes were bloodshot red, telling me he was high, again.

I rolled my eyes at him mentally preparing myself for whatever tricks he was about to use on me. High Dayton is a red alert.

"You look so so hot and tempting in this dress, it's giving me a hard on." His hands started trailing up and down my waist, feeling my ass up.

I closed my eyes shut, trying to remind myself why this job is so important for me.

I just want to forget that it was his hands that were touching me.

I pulled away from him and walked past him, making a quick run to changing room and closing the door after me.

That motherfucker....

Vincent hasn't tried to call me once since our argument this noon. Fair enough,  even I haven't initiated to text him.

However, I was not angry anymore. If anything I was regretting taking my stress out on him and snapping like that. He just wanted to help. However his suggestions were totally absurd.

I quickly changed out of the flashy black dress that I wore for the performance tonight, and wore my comfy shorts and grey hoodie.

Tying my hair up in a bun, I wore a beanie over my head and took my handbag.

Saying my goodbyes to other dancers I walked out of the bar.

I was shocked to find Vincent leaning against the wall adjoining the bar's entrance.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in a soft voice. Partly confused and partly happy to see him.

"Fights aside, I can't leave you on your own especially when some bastard is after you like crazy." He grumbled rather annoyingly. A pure contrast to my mood right now.

"Grumpy, aren't we?" I tried to make a joke to lighten the mood but he only rolled his eyes. Butchering my efforts at making truce between us.

I licked my lips in awkwardness.

"You didn't resigned,  did you?"

My jaw fell open, he is still stuck on that? "I already told you Vincent, I can't afford that!"

A humourless chuckle left him,"And I now know why is that!"

"What is that suppose to mean?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"You tell me Audrey, what is it suppose to mean? Why do Dayton pays you more than any other worker in the bar? Why does he chooses those skimpy dresses for you to wear  himself ? Why does he spanks you every now and then and act like he is entitled to? Why is he always trying to be close to you?"

"And that's my fault?" I huffed, crossing my arms across my chest.

Who even told him this?

"No Audrey, that's not your fault. Someone trying to harass you can never be your fault. The thing that unsettles me is why are you enduring it? Why do you let him spank you? Why can't you slap him back? And after all the cheap tactics that he pulls on you, why do you still work here." He scoffed in unamusement before continuing, "But I now know why, you're using him. Aren't you? You're using his fantasies, his feelings for you against him, and enjoying all the monetary benefits that he gives you in return. Bonus, tips? My ass! Look who was talking about being prideful and not accepting financial help from me!"