51

Vincent's POV:

I stopped the car in the parking of a nearby hospital and gestured for Audrey to come out.

She looked quite uneasy as she glanced at the hospital building upside down.

"Is something wrong darling?" I leaned closer to her and whispered in her ears so that lavender doesn't hear us.

Oh how much I wanted to get lavender off our backs ASAP!

She shook her head, eyes still glaring at the building. "Everything is fine."

"Well if everything was fine then why would we be here? I know you are not well, you can open up to me. Are you in pain?"

She snapped her attention back to me, appearing like a deer caught in headlight.

Lavender too followed us out of the car.

"Why are we here?" She pouted up at us in irritation.

"Audrey is not well." I replied to her, my voice cold.

"Well, I don't see her hurt anywhere," she rolled her eyes in Audrey's way before turning to me,"I need to reach home fast. It's getting quite late."

I clenched my fist in anger, she is being too rude to Audrey, I have been noticing it the whole evening.

"No Ms. June. Audrey needs to see the doctor now. If you are getting late then you can book yourself a cab and leave first," I thrusted my hands in my pocket and tilt my chin to the side, a stern finality in my voice.

"How can she go alone?" My attention was now snapped to Audrey as she spoke hurriedly,"I mean to say it's getting quite late. And you promised her to drop her home. How about you take her to her home and meanwhile I can go in and see the doctor myself. Once I will be done I will call you and you can come pick me up later?"

"Why would I leave you alone?" I stared at her quizzically.

"It's not like you are leaving me alone!" She rolled her eyes, continuing in a sassy tone,"I am big enough to take care of myself. This little toddler here needs you more!"

Lavender's jaw drop open as she pointed her index finger at her,"Y-You stingy bi-"

"Okay enough!" I interrupted before they lunge at each other. "Lavender come I will drop you first."

Then I turned to Audrey. "You go in first. But don't forget to call me when you are done.  I will be dropping you home and that's final."

She nodded at me frantically, appearing somewhat relieved,"I promise I will call you."

With one last glance at her, I turned around and got in my car.

Once lavender buckled in her seatbelt, I turned on the ignition, stepped on the accelerator and drove away.

Audrey is mistaken if she thinks I am too stupid to notice what is she trying to do here.

She is pushing lavender to me, she has been doing this since this morning. What's up with her?

Why is she trying to set me up with Lavender?  Is she not interested in me? Is this her way of avoiding me and rejecting me?

Can't she see she is hurting me by disrespecting and disregarding my feelings like this?

I need to have a talk with her!

I felt a hand running up and down my thigh, snapping me from my trance.

Following the hand, I looked up to see a smirking lavender, sitting face to face with me.

I slapped her hands away, and stopped the car suddenly near the sidewalk.