36

I stirred in my sleep as cold air hit my bare legs mercilessly. I felt uncomfortable as two strong arms tightened around me. I  fluttered open my eyes, clueless as I took my surroundings in. Or should I say moving surroundings?

I squinted my eyes looking around as my eyes came in contact with a broad chest, I was pressed against. That's when I realised, I was being carried in someone's arms.

All the events of the last time I was awake came rushing back. The kiss, his confession and lastly my apology.

I tilt my chin up and was met with the sharp angular jaw of professor Vincent.

My heart fluttered at the sight of the exposed skin of his chest, his Adam's apple and lastly the fact that I was in his arms.

His chest was warm and hard as I pressed my head against where his heart must be beating inside his chest.

The rapid beating of his heart told me that he was feeling the same excitement that I was being so near to him.

I closed my eyes, just listening to him breathing and walking.

He then open the door of his car and placed me in the seat, buckling in the seat belt securely before walking to the driver's seat and sitting down.

He started the car, it's roaring engine chased away the bare remanents of sleep from my eyes and I blinked away the drowsiness before sitting up in seat.

His head shot to me, a bit surprised, "You're awake?"

I nodded ny head at him, yawning loudly.

He brushed away the loose strands of hair from my face, his fingers trailing down my jaw, his touching teasing me.

"I tried to be subtle while walking. Maybe I was not gentle enough and ended up waking you up! I am sorry.." he looked dead serious into my eyes, appearing genuinely sorry, like he wronged me severely or something.

A short chuckle left my lips at his lost expression," you didn't wake me up, the cold did."

He nodded in understanding before moving to turn on the heater of the car.

I sighed in relief as the warm air hit my skin, soothing my body. I stretched my arms, yawning once again before scooting back in my seat and closing my eyes not realising when I drift off into deep sleep again.

I squirmed again when my back hit the familiar hard mattress of my bed, as I felt someone place the covers over my body. I immediately snuggled in the warm blanket sighing in relief.

I felt cold lips pressed against my temple as the person left a soft lingering kiss on my forehead.

I smiled in my sleep, liking the affection but not making any move to open my eyes and greet the person.

I felt him trace the seams of my lips with his fingers as it tickled my sensitive skin before he placed a chaste kiss on my lips and walked away.

I heard the door slam shut after he left and sighed once again before going back to sleep.

~

My alarm went off with its shrill tone telling me it was already seven in my morning.

I slapped my hands on the small clock, successfully shutting it off. Tossing the blanket away from my body with my legs, I tried sitting up. But all my attempts failed miserably as I felt scorching pain in my head. I pressed my palms against my temple and felt how hot it was.

Suddenly my stomach churned and I clutched my belly, rushing to bathroom. I did not even got the time to tie my hair as I felt the bile rising in my throat. Crouching down in front of the commode, I puked my guts out.