48

"Strong people don't give up. They rise back and rebel,  they don't get scared or suppressed,  they retaliate. And that's what makes them strong enough to live in this selfish world."

I tried to repeat that again and again in my head. My mom's words. After eloping from her house, she faced many hardships along with dad in order to provide me with a good lifestyle. And in the end she and Dad succeeded. Because fighters always win.

And my mom used to say that I was a fighter since birth as I was a premature baby and I fought and I succeeded. So much to live in this shitty world..I wish my baby self could know how bad this world really is where she wanted to live in so badly...

Anyways, moving to the present, I had a mission today.  Now onwards I will not just go to college to cut time or doze off in middle of classes or gossip about others, instead I will be observing everyone around me keenly. So that I can catch who has been keeping an eye on me for god knows how long.

I tied my hair in a long braid, and pushed them behind my shoulder. Slipping a blue sweater over my head, I paired it up with black skirt and see through stockings. I stepped into my blue kitten heels, keeping my face bare of makeup I picked up my bag pack and was about to leave the house when the shiny feminine watch glistened under the sun light, on the kitchen counter.

I still paying EMI of it...

I picked it up and clipped it around my wrist, admiring it's rose gold beauty. The memories of Vincent admiring the same watch on my wrist from the other night flooded my head.

Those were the days...

It feels so surreal that it was just last week when I and Vincent did the deed. Just two days ago, I was in his lap, sharing our hurtful past with each other. Instinctively my eyes travelled to the couch where we sat, literally on top of each other.

I could hardly keep in the sobs that was threatening to leave my lips, settling on sniffling my sorrows away, I snapped my eyes away and left the apartment.

I was sitting in literature class, totally ignoring what professor Patrick was talking about 'Miranda'.

I debated alot on who should I tell about this. Vivienne was out of the question because then I will have to show her the video and call me a coward but I don't have enough guts to show it to her and then witness the disgust in her eyes for me. Then, Vincent? But we just fought last night and after his accusations on my character, I don't want to depend on him for help anymore. Actually I don't need anyone's help. I can tackle this issue myself.

As I was debating in my own head, I felt someone's sharp gaze drilling holes at the back of my head.

Turning my head to the left, just slightly I caught lavender glaring at me, while twirling a strand of her blond locks around her index finger.

Their was disgust and malice in her eyes.

I averted my gaze from her looked down in my lap.

What is her issue?

And then just like a tubelight,  the realisation lit up in my mind.

"You think I don't see it?"

"You think I am some blind or dumb girl who wouldn't notice your sluty ways of seducing professor Richmond."

"I saw you that day pulling you neckline down for him."

"Stay away from him."

Oh my god...how could I not see it coming? Lavender knew about us. She was the only one who knew and even threatened me to stay away from him. But I choose to ignore. And now there she is, hell bent on ruining it for me.