39

This morning I woke up early. All the events from last night came rushing back to me as I stared at my reflection in the bathroom mirror. The once clear mirror was blurred with steam, as I clear it off of the moisture.

The dinner with him went very well. If we don't include the confusion and light headedness I experienced upon glancing at the menu.

It was a French restaurant and half of the dishes were beyond something I have ever tasted, not to mention their pronounciation.

And don't get me wrong but they tasted quite bland. They were mostly raw ingredients wok in olive oil and I wonder why they costed like we were sharing dinner with the Queen herself ?!

Anyways, I ponder on it hard, the whole coaching thing and I came to a conclusion that professor is right. With my marks, I won't even be able to graduate let alone find a job.

But if I take the coaching then I can atleast graduate with good numbers and land on a secure job with good pay. And maybe then I can pay him back?

So that's one of the reasons I woke up early today, I will first go to institute, fill up my registration form and then will head to University.

Wearing a brown shirt with check patterns and a loose blue jeans, I tied my damp hair in a bun and head out of the apartment, not caring for breakfast.

Taking a bus to my destination, I zoned out of  half of the journey.

The institute looked the same, pristine white and posh, with less number of students around as I made my way to the admission cell.

A young woman, probably in her mid twenties stood at the reception. Her curly red hair flowed over her shoulders as she chatted carelessly on the phone.

I cleared my throat to gain her attention and began filling up my form. Quickly putting in all the details, I take out a couple of dollars bills which was the registration fees and attached it with the form, sliding it towards her.

She examined the paper carefully before typing something on her computer.

Probably restoring my data in the device.

She then detach the money from the form and gave it back to me.

I looked between her and my money, confusion clear in my gaze.

"Sorry ma'am but your registration fees along with fees for the whole autumn semester has been paid, " she said with a fake smile plastered on her lips.

" What? How? " I stood up on my tippy toes and peeked at her computer screen desperate to know who paid for me, but deep down I already knew who.

Her scrutinising gaze burned through my whole face as she took a couple of steps back and crossed her arms over her chest. Her smile changing into a smirk.

" As if you don't know, " she laughed to herself.

"Excuse me what do you mean?" I stared at her in shock, how can she be so rude with students?

She rolled her eyes to herself,"Oh please, I know everything about Mr. Maximilian's lifestyle."

She then scooted closer to me and said the next words in a hushed whisper,"So you are one of his new mistresses, right?"

I stumble backwards, my eyes widening in shock,"Excuse me?!" I screeched in astonishment.

She again chuckled at my expense,"Oh darling trust me when I say I know everything. You are his mistress right?"

"Or else why would he provide you with 75% concession! He doesn't even do that for toppers!" She stared in amusement at the screen of her computer and now I know for sure that she was looking at my marksheet.