52

I stepped down from the over crowded bus and finally breathed in the fresh air which thankfully doesn't smells like someone's sweat.

The same time my phone ringed up with a message. A couple of hours ago if I had got this message,  I would be ecstatic. But ever since I got to know about Vincent being the next heir to The Richmonds, I have been feeling uncertainty and doubts regarding our relationship.

I just cannot brush off the feeling of not being good enough for him.

"Meet me at the café coffee day by 5 in the evening."

The message read.

Okay, let's face the music now.

I tossed the phone back in my bag and marched to my house.

I was so stressed out that I cleaned the whole apartment, not leaving even a single dust particle behind. Did the laundry and ofcourse took a long shower to divert my attention.

I don't want to think about anything in particular.

Why didn't he come back to pick me up last night...

Why did he ignored my calls and didn't bother with replying to my text either?

Did something happen between him and lavender last night?

Why haven't he told me anything about his family background?

Why, why, why...my ass!

I made myself a chicken burger and chewed it down in large bites.

I was starving! I guess this is what happens when you skip dinner and breakfast altogether.

Nevertheless once I was full, I waltz in my closet and took out a white sweater paired up with black leggings and tied my hair with a green scrunchie.

Spraying some perfume on my neck and wrist, I skipped make up and took my wallet along with my phone and walked out of the apartment.

Taking a deep breath in, I readied myself for what was about to come.

Cause I have this hunch that this is not going to end well....

~

I expected for him to be already present at the café as I stepped into the lavish settlement. But was utterly taken aback when I couldn't find him anywhere.

Nonetheless, I found myself a corner booth and sat down. Waiting for him.

He is not the one to get late, what's up with him?

He better not bail out on me!

After waiting for fifteen more minutes, I decided to call him. Before I could, I saw him enter the café and look around.

I waved at him, as he saw me. He made his way to my seat.

Although his face was bare of any emotion,  I saw a bouquet of lilies in his hands. Now this is confusing....

I didn't know he asked me on a date....

He took a seat opposite me and placed the bouquet beside him on the table.

His arms looked so bulky and delicious resting on the table...oh heavens!

I cleared my throat,"why did you wanted to meet here?"

He raised one of his eyebrows at me,"You don't know? "

Before I could reply him, he beat me to it,"Or you think I don't know?!"

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "what?"

He rolled his eyes haughtily. What's up with him showing attitude? I thought he brought me flowers....