56

As Vincent pulled into the enormous driveway of what I assume is his house, my jaw dropped to the floor.

I tried to conceal my astonishment upon seeing his house the best I could. First of all, this is not a house. It's called a fucking mansion.

A giant stone fountain was stationed at the centre of the round driveway, gardens the size of a fucking amazon jungle with variety of flowers crowding the boundary of it, the number of cars parked in the garage made it look nothing less of an automobile showroom and please don't get me started with the exterior of the mansion.

It looked nothing less than a lavish hotel by Versace established in dubai, whose pictures I have seen millions of times in magazines. It appeared a combination of Victorian style castles crossbred with modernised technologies.

I gasped dramatically, looking at the staff working in the garden and garage. I lost the count after thirty.  He has a staff of thirty helpers in his house, what the fuck?! I looked between the over-the-top lifestyle of my boyfriend and my boyfriend sitting beside me in his car. This is ridiculous.

How can someone living in a castle like this, can be my teacher? This doesn't even makes sense!

Vincent smiled at me sheepishly. He must have interpreted the look on my face already. He got out of the car first and then limped his way to my side, opening my car door, he offered me his hand, "Come let's go in."

I placed my hand in his and got out of the car. One of his chauffeur started unloading our luggage from the trunk simultaneously, I noticed a truck pulling out of his driveway with a red plus sign on it. I am assuming his medical equipments has already been delivered.

Only now I remembered he was supposed to be in wheelchair.

But like Vincent said, he was walking just fine, if you ignore the slight limping of his right ankle.

Nevertheless, I snaked my other arm around his torso, and clutched my hand around his tightly. Providing him support to walk properly. He unknowingly leaned into my side as I spoke,"lead me the way in."

As told, Vincent guided me in his insanely huge house. And just like the exterior, the interior was remarkably beautiful and jaw dropping. It had a vintage feel to it but the modern touch of art and appliances doesn't let that feeling linger longer.

"Are you hungry?" He spoke, breaking the chain of my thoughts, I was still scrutinizing his house with my mouth agape.

Realizing how deprived I must be looking right now, I snapped my mouth back and gulped down hard.

"Uh no." I spoke hurriedly.

"Than let's get to bed," there was a mischievous glint in his eyes with an inviting smile playing on his lips. I felt hot in my face at his insinuation. "Can't believe you are the same person who was bed-ridden a day ago." I mumbled to myself and started climbing up the stairs.

I felt a tug on my arms and lost my balance on the slippery marbled stairs. But before I can fell on my butt, I felt two bulky arms snake around my torso, shielding me from the fall.

"Ugh!" I heard Vincent groan in pain, a wince on his face only heighten my guilt. He is still recovering from the injuries and here I am, crash landing on him!

I quickly pulled myself together and stepped away from him.

"My room isn't upstairs." He croaked, his voice still sounded pained.

"Oh, sorry I didn't know." I nibbled on my lips, feeling embarrassed. Ofcourse it's his house, how am I supposed to know where his room is?

"Come, I will show you." I followed him further in the hallway on ground floor till he lead me infront of a nicely polished redwood pair of doors.