30

After crying my heart out for good fifteen minutes, I pulled myself together. A strong woman doesn't breaks off that easily. But at the end of the day, strong women are humans too and all humans have the right to cry their hearts out every once in a while. However with me, these crying sessions are happening quite frequently. Which I won't allow to happen again, no matter what. I promise.

I couldn't gather enough courage to face Vivienne again, atleast for the next two classes. And thankfully she wasn't in any of them. And the time span of almost three hours was enough for me to clear my thoughts. So when Vivienne joined me for lunch break, I didn't turn her down.

Picking our trays filled with boring mess food, we took our seats on one of the centre tables and soon other students of our class took the rest of the remaining seats on the centre table.

Light gossiping and ugly rumours flowed through the air as everyone spoke and ate their lunch.

Lavender was usually bragging about how professor tucked the badge on her blouse last night, and calling it too sensual to handle. I wonder what if she gets caught spreading fake rumours about our professor?

Should I rat her out?

If she crosses me again then who knows, maybe?

But then again, who really knows whether these are just bluff or they really have some weight into them? Afterall, there is only so much you can doubt a girl's sixth sense? Unless she is lying about her gut feeling. Moreover, how much I really know about professor to guarantee he doesn't tries to get close to her as well, huh?

After the incidents of this morning, I am really skeptical as to what I actually know about professor. Or what if I really doesn't know him at all?

My gaze drifted to Vivienne as I slurped the vegetable soup down my throat. She too was ignoring lavender completely, lost somewhere in her own thoughts, she blankly stared at her tray while nibbling on a piece of fry. Blinking every once or twice.

"You look very happy today?" I interrupted her as her head snapped up to me.

She blinked again, seemingly clearing her thoughts as she replied,"And you looke oddly pale?"

A nervous laugh left my lips, god I have never been so awkward around her,"Am I?"

"Uh-huh," She nodded at me and my shoulders slump down. I really can't mask my emotions well.

Another lacking added to my long list of failures..

"Your Mom called earlier." I said instead.

Upon hearing my words, Vivienne instantly froze, the greasy fries slipping down her hold as she shriek loudly.

I placed my palm against her mouth, quieting her down,"Shh!"

She took my hands away while opening and closing her mouth like a fish, unable to say anything. After composing herself she began,"Shit! I had a shoot today. I forgot! Mom is gonna kill me."

I could literally see the sweat beading her forehead as my eyes narrowed in doubt,"You know it's not a common occurrence for you to miss your shoots?" Lifting my gaze to her, I intensely looked into her brown eyes, desperately wanting for her to be truthful with me,"Any particular reason?" 

Her eyes visibly widened at my words as she stared at me like a deer caught in headlight. Slowly she shook her head in denial," No-nothing in particular. I just went to a party last night, got drunk and... p-passed out."

" Why are you turning pale now?" I nudged her playfully yet there was nothing but fury burning through me at her words. Vivienne never lies to me, so if she is lying that means there is something big to hide.