60

I stared at Lavender with narrowed eyes, trying not to let my panic surface up on my face.

She played with the grey despicable device between her fingers like it's a toy, taunting me.

I tried to snatch it away from her but she immediately pulled away and tsk at me. Her tone mocking.

"You want it? Come, have it!" She extended her arms in my away as I examined her features with heavy skepticism.

Against my better judgement, I again leaped forward for it. Again, she pulled away, this time a mocking laugh escaping her.

"You are so funny to toy with!" She exclaimed, her eyes sparkling up with amusement.

I huffed in irritation and straighten up my back, time to become all business now.

I cleared my throat, my stance widening,"Ready to strike a deal, are we?"

She craned her neck forward, "Can you repeat please, I don't hear you?"

"What do you want Lavender?" I whisper-yelled this time.

"Aye, directly to the point, I see." She scratched her chin, looking deep in thought before she turned to me again.

She extended her arms to me and grasp my hand in hers. Flattening my palms open she placed the device on it and I curled my fingers around it. Feeling air re-enter my lungs. She stepped away from me.

I looked quizzically between her and the pen drive, still not understanding her agenda.

"You can even check it if you want. It's the same pen drive." She answered my unasked question.

"W-Why would you...I don't understand!?"

"I don't like you Audrey. And after knowing how intimate you are with our professor, who happens to be my crush, my dislike towards you has gotten stronger. Still it's not intense enough to make me do such a terrible thing to you. Or to any girl for that matter of factly." She bit on her lips, looking quite out of her element, yet she continued anyways,"Whatever you guys do behind the close doors is none of my business and I don't hate you enough to expose you like this. Because you fucking our teacher may not be as wrong as someone leaking your private moments against your consent is."

I stared at her wordlessly, feeling my throat dry up at what I am witnessing. I could never ever in a million years imagine Lavender to get this wise.

"One more thing," she waved her long index finger with manicured red nails in my face,"This matter is  more serious than you are taking it. And considering how freaked out and lost you look right now, you haven't told about it to anyone. So I suggest you to share this with professor Richmond. He is a grown up man who knows better as to how to deal with things like these. Audrey, it's high time for you to procrastinate.  You need to take a serious action against this shit as soon as possible before the person behind this ruins you beyond repair."

"Uh, Thank you Lavender. You don't know how much I needed that advice right now." I was so confused about my next step. Now I guess I know what I need to do next. Tell Vincent.

"But I still dislike you. So don't count me in as your ally," she reminded me in her cocky queen bee voice, but the sympathy in her eyes gave away her lie. There was something in them which told me that if I goes to her at mid-night, asking for help, she won't turn me down.

Still I nodded for her assurance.

With that she sauntered away, exiting the campus, her black heels clicking loudly against the tiled flooring.

I guess, we all have wrong perceptions regarding the typical queen bees. They aren't so bad and heartless after all. Just a bit hard to understand.

~