68

I stared out of the window of Vincent's car as he drove down the road. With every passing scenery, every passing tree, I was getting far and far away from Mars and at this moment I couldn't ask for anything more than that.

Goosebumps creeped up the skin of my hands at the memory of this afternoon.

I just want to scrub my body so hard, every patch of my skin needs to be cleaned of his touches. Every inch of skin that has ever been touched by him so far. I just want to burn every memory of his from my brain.

Oh how much I wish human brain could be a computer and deleting memories was as easy as deleting data from it.

"Darlin' stop glaring at the poor passer-by?"

"Oh!" I snapped my gaze away from the window. I didn't realized when my eyes hardened and I started glaring at people.

Vincent took my hand in his and started tracing circles on the back of it while driving the car with his other hand. "Talk to me babe, please? You are starting to scare me."

A short chuckle left my lips at his choice of words. I couldn't help but add,"Scare you? I wish I could."

Vincent himself snorted before taking a right turn.

"It's actually quite frustrating. Like I knew someone was stalking me but never in my worst nightmares had I thought that it would be my friend." I continued with an eye roll,"But now that I see it, it feels like I was the only one who thought him as a friend."

Vincent's hold on my hand tighten as he cooed me,"Hey, don't think about that scum. There are still people in this world who loves you and care about you."

A cold, bitter chuckle left my lips at his poor attempt of consoling me. He is forgetting I am an orphan.  I don't have what people call 'parent's selfless and unconditional love' with me.

"And who are these people? You, who totally ghost me for an entire fucking day?" I narrowed my eyes at him. Although I understand well what he was going through when he did that and I have forgiven him for that but a  girl's mind you know, It will take centuries for me to forget about it. "And wanna hear something more pathetic? I can't even think of anyone besides you in the long list of the people who loves and care for me!?"

By the end of my pathetic monologue, my eyes moistened.

"I am sorry Audrey for making you feel that way. But believe me that was never my intention to hurt you. I just wanted to help you." His slumped shoulders was a clear evidence of his guilt. And instinctively I started feeling very guilty for making him repeat his apology. "And you are forgetting one person who cares for you and loves you and has known you longer than me." He turned to me and added,"It's Vivienne."

I stilled in my seat upon hearing her name. Oh fucking hell. Vivienne!

Amidst the chaos of my life, I totally forgot I have a bestfriend who deserves to know about my illicit affair with my teacher. As the realization dawned on me, a heavy feeling settled in the pit of my stomach.

If there is any person I have wronged in my life, it would be her. I am so ashamed of myself right now. How can I even call myself a friend given the amount of secrecy I have maintained from her?!

Light strokes of warm fingers had my raging heart coming back to peace. I turned around to face the only baby blue eyes which doesn't have anything innocent in them.

"I am sorry darling, I didn't mean to trouble you. I just mentioned Vivienne's name because I wanted you to know that there is one more person you can rely on after me." Vincent spoke softly with pleading eyes.