53

Vincent's POV:

I struggled with driving in stormy rain simultaneously wiping away the fugitive tears from under my eyes.

Her words kept on ringing in my head on repeat.

"How freaking unethical of you to fall in love with me!"

"For me it's so absurd to hear my teacher say he loves me."

"I don't love you! I thought it was just a fling!"

"Ugh!" I groaned loudly, swerving the wheel to left. It's raining like cats and dogs outside which is making driving with tear-blurred eyes tougher.

"Why Audrey? Why? Why can't you love me?"

I resisted the urge to punch the steering wheel rather settled on speeding up the car. It hurts so bad....

I have no words to describe how I am feeling right now. It feels so unreal. I just get rejected and mocked by the only woman I have ever loved in my life. Love hurts so bad, that now I see why my aunt always stayed away from it.

"Why am I so unlovable? My parents don't love me, the girl I love doesn't either. Why do I always end up caring for the wrong people?" I yelled to myself. I feel so suffocated,  I just want to take it all out. But I don't know how....

"I don't love you! I thought it was just a fling!"

I took another sharp turn, for a second I lost the hold of my car as it slipped on the wet road, but I regained the control on it.

"I thought you loved me too, Audrey! And if you didn't,  then you should have made things clear to me in the beginning itself.  So that I could have brace myself from t-this pain!" I was so mad at myself. How can I be so silly to let someone into my heart and crush it underneath their shoes like a worm?!

I knew indulging with Audrey was a bad idea.

Due to the heavy rainfall, it almost became impossible for me to see past the foggy windshield of my car. I missed to notice a grey truck pulling in my lane as I stepped on the accelerator. That's until the headlights of truck turn on did I realize that I was driving in the wrong lane. And before I could step on the brake or do something else, I felt a hard push on my car followed by deafening horn blaring and shattering of glass everywhere.  It all occured so fast that within an eye blink I found my car rolled upside down, the seat belt holding me to my seat. I felt light headed, I couldn't hear a single thing except for a shrill whistle in my ears, my eyes felt droopy as I felt warm liquid rolling down the side of my head.

I was so tired, it become a challenge for me to hold my consciousness.

Everytime I closed my eyes, I saw Audrey's beautiful face flash before them.

I knew this girl was going to be the death of me since the first time I laid my eyes on her.

With only one thought in my head, "I wish I could see you, Audrey one last time..." I succumbed to fatigue as everything blacked out.

~

Audrey's POV:

Soon after Vincent left, it started pouring down heavily.

I walked in the cold rain to my house which was quite far away. Yet my body felt numb to the cold. Almost unresponsive.

I was so rude to Vincent..I told him so many lies....

"I don't love you!"

What a joke! I don't think I have ever felt for anyone this strongly. Vincent is my first love, no doubt. When your first love proposes you, it is supposed to be the most wonderful feeling in the world, yet all I felt was the urgency to push him away. To feed him with lies and let myself through insufferable pain.