27

I bounced all my way up to stage in glee as we were handed over our certificates of participation along with badges as prize.

Everyone had a grin plastered over their faces as I saw chief guest interacting with Rachel and Jameson who played the main leads.

Lavender was obviously crowded by her  little group of ass kissers. A tall man, in his late fifties with blonde hair, dressed in a designer suit stood beside her, his arm around her shoulder as wrinkles crinkle the skin around his eyes as he grinned down at his daughter. His snobbish attitude apparently showed when he shooed away students who looks somewhat unpresentable but still a smile covered my lips when I saw the love in his eyes for his daughter.

No matter how snobbish, atleast he cares for his daughter..

I missed my dad. Although he was nowhere like him, still the look in his eyes is so much like my dad's when he used to cradle me in his arms.

I sighed, my heart aching to meet him. Just once...

I sniffled sadly knowing it's impossible...

A light tap at my shoulders had me turning around. Upon doing so, I was met with the twinkling dark eyes of my best friend as she instantly engulfed me into a bone crushing hug.

"You rocked!" She squealed in happiness before pulling away and holding my hands in both of hers.

Giving it a squeeze, she stepped aside revealing a nervous Mars who scratched the back of his neck. "I never knew you can sing." He hesitantly spoke," but you were awesome back up there." He gestured towards the stage with his thumb.

Ashley and Karl too joined us both praising my voice as my chest swelled in pride, feeling too happy.

"Thank you all so much." I smiled happily at them.

" Oh my god! You sings like Billie Ellish!" Karl exclaimed, shaking his hand in disbelief.

I chuckled in response feeling overwhelmed with emotions.

But before I can speak more, I glanced down at my wrist watch which read nine thirty. I panicked, I needed to be at the bar by nine and I am already late.

I don't want to lose this  job!

I excused myself from Vivienne and others and walked to a corner and called Milly.

"Hello," She bemoaned, the djs blasting in the background.

"Hello Milly it's me Audrey." I yelled over the call. "Can you please adjust the timings of the performance slightly? Like arrange the dance before the song? I am just stuck somewhere and won't be able to make it there before ten."

"You sure? You know if I put your performance later then your shift will be over by three in the morning?" She warned beforehand, knowing me that I don't like late night shift.

I groaned in exhaustion," I will manage."

" If you say so.." she hung up the call and I sighed in relief.

Atleast now I can have my job.

" Guys, I need to go and quickly change." I gestured towards my gown and Vivienne nodded in approval.

" You haven't changed yet?" Betty asked from behind Vivienne. " Go and change fast before Anna kills you in cold blood."

I snorted in ridiculousness. There is no way she can lay a hand on me.

Anyways, not taking a chance I rushed to the second floor to the girl's changing room.

The hallways were empty and dimly lit. Most of the participants have already changed and left leaving me probably alone. Not that it scares me.