20

"The ferris wheel, please," I whined, putting emphasis on 'please'.

After two more rides, professor suggested that it was getting late and that we should head home. Rightly said, it was about ten in the night, and the air was getting chilly. I rubbed my palms against my arms, regretting coming here with just denim shorts and half sleeves t-shirt on.

A dark jacket was draped over my shoulders and instinctively I hugged the clothing closer to my body, engulfing it's warmth. I tilted my chin up, gazing at professor as he pocketed his hands and turned his face in the direction of the moving ferris wheel.

"Okay, but after this let me drop you home?" He gave in for the hundredth time this night.

"Deal," I grinned happily at him and moved towards the ride with him following me closely.

He paid for our tickets as I climbed into one of the booths, he followed after me and I was utterly shocked when the booth was closed after us. I was expecting a bit more company except for professor and me. But apparently I was wrong!

Nonetheless, I gazed out of the glass windows of the booth and saw us moving up and up in the air, farther away from the concrete ground. The bright lighting of the carnival faded into just faint streaks as we moved upwards, a layer of haziness now surrounding the booth and I immediately knew at we are near the top. I turned to professor and squealed happily, "we are so far away from the ground."

Professor was gauging my reaction, a very, very small smile playing at his lips.

"It pleases me to see you happy." He spoke, his deep voice sounded intimidating when he tried to keep it low.

He likes it when I am happy, why?

"Why is that?" I blurt out.

He just shrugged in response, "I shall tell you as soon as I figure it out myself."

I blinked at him, taken aback. What is he talking about?! He confuses me.

"You really don't have to go as far as bringing me here for an apology. I really wasn't that mad at you." I decided to admit it to him.

I am nervous now, will he think he wasted so many dollar bills for nothing? If he was not mad before  he surely will be now at me!

It was now, he widen his eyes in surprise,"wow, you really must be a good actor. I couldn't tell any difference between your mood."

I giggled at his words," Yet you decided to remove me!" I teased him.

His shoulders slump down in disappointment. "Look I am sorry and this is not all that I had planned for your forgiveness," I gasped, he has more planned? My toes curled up in excitement. "I decided to offer you another role in our play."

Boo..

No way, I am doing another role. It surely won't be lead one, and I really would despise any kind of demotion, that would be downright embarassing.

I opened my mouth in protest when I was cut short by professor. He raised his index finger up, demanding I shut up now.

"Hear me out first, so we have almost two songs in the play. At first Marilyn was supposed to sing both songs. But I have changed it. Now Marilyn will be singing in the first halve and the second halve will be your responsibility. You will be singing the closing theme." He smiled down at me.

He knew I would love it!

Because I am already imagining myself singing the beautiful melancholic closing theme. That would be perfect!