chapter 29

Nathan's POV~

Its been a couple months now since we moved in with Mr. B. Its been great. We have always been close but this kinda pulled us in together. Not to say there hasn't been issues. Kota walked in on Gabe and Luke one morning and well let's say Gabe wasn't happy to be interrupted. Uncomfortable doesn't even begin to describe Kota. Then Silas and North got into it over the Garage. North was throwing wrenches and cussing and Silas was pacing around yelling things in Greek. I know he is always talking about it being the Language of lovers and crap but it wasn't love he was spouting. Things have settled down a bit since the last flare up between Luke and Doc. Doc was leaving stuff on the counter in the kitchen. Luke thought it was Peanut and got on to her. Kota stepped in and then we found it was Doc doing it. Which makes no sense since Doc is anal about things being clean and where they belong. Mr. B finally spoke and told Luke to chill and Doc to get some sleep. I think he has been sneaking in extra time with Peanut when he should be sleeping. But we have finally got most of the kinks worked out and things are in harmony. Finally! I thought Mr. B was going to bang some heads together if we didn't get it figured out.

Deciding to go for a swim I get my trunks on and head out. Getting to the pool I see towels and stuff already out on the lounge chairs. Luke and Kota are already swimming. Climbing in I do a couple Laps. Mr. B's pool is huge. So I get a good workout in it. Usually Peanut will come do laps with me. Its kinda our us time. When were done we will float and play together just talking.

When I take a break Luke Kota and North are sitting at the end of the pool quietly talking. 

"Nate come here." Kota yells to me.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"We are trying to plan our next Job without baby knowing. She will want to come with us and I don't want her there." North always the protector!

"What are we doing?" Again I ask. I'm feeling a little lost.

"We have a job. You North and Silas are going in as private security. Gabe is going in as an up and coming rock star, kota will be his manager/attorney, and I'm his stylest." Luke answers.

"You are the stylist?" I laugh as I say it.

"Shut up! Gabe just has that rockstar look. Plus as cupcake says his voice is the stuff dreams are made of." Luke responds as he rolls his eyes. I get the feeling he wanted to be the rock star. 

"Let me guess your going to make Gabe miserable aren't you?" 

"Yeah, yeah I am. I may love him but he knows I hate this style shit."

North's laugh booms across the water. "It will be great! Seeing Gabe deal with all the shit he puts us through!" 

"What's the point of this job?" I don't think they mentioned it yet.

"There have been very quiet rumors that Corsair the owner of Corsair records has been quietly nipping kids off the streets in the towns that his artists shows are in. They don't know why or what he's doing with them. Someone told someone's else who was in the academy and they passed it to us. Its mostly little boys a couple girls. It was just homeless and runaways but last week they took a Doctors son. They are saying he just ran away but his friends say differently. He is only 15. Our job is to get a show set up and see if we get any leads. We are not to chase the leads down push for information nothing like that. Its a really simple job. But BC of who it is we are investigating we are each being given 2 favors and $2,500 apiece." Kota states.

"Why so much money on this one?" Luke asks.

"Because Mr. Watson is related to Corsair by marriage and he wants this finished immediately. From what I hear Corsair is his wife's cousin and he can't stand him. But he still wants it handled quickly and quietly. When he asked Mr. Blackbourne if our team would take the job he said he would also owe our team as a whole 4 more favors from his personal favor account."

"F**k! That's a lot of favors once its all added up." North mutters.

"Exactly. And with Peanut we always need them." They all laugh but I can see the looks on their faces. How she manages to find every little thing that could cause trouble I have no clue but she does. Gabe's nickname for her isn't to far from the mark.

"So Silas and Gabe are in on this one but what about Victor Doc and Mr. B?" They will have to keep peanut super busy. 

"Doc has to work. Mr. B and Vic have that charity concert this weekend in Charlotte. They are planning on taking Baby with them." North grunts.

"When do we begin?" Luke mumbles.

"We have to go to some meet and greet tonight for Corsair records. Doc is going to take Sang to dinner and everyone else is going with us. Vic is going as himself and Mr. B is going as his manager." Kota replies.

"What about his dad? Can he still cause Vic problems? This is about music and we all know how insane Mr. Morgan is about Vic's talents!" Luke sounds really unsure suddenly.

"Mr. B handled that sack of..." 

"Its taken care of!" Kota stops North before he can get riled up again over Mr. Morgan. 

"So we have a plan and orders. Gabe will lay out your outfits for tonight and Vic will have our electronics ready as soon as Doc hits the door with Sang. Any questions?" Kota asks quickly.

"Yeah, what do we do when Sang finds out we hid this from her?" Luke asks softly.

"Shit we hide!" North chuckles.