chapter 48

Sang's POV~

I bounce nervously on Norths lap and try to stay calm. Kota is going to be calling any minute now. I haven't heard his voice in three weeks. Hearing the phone ring I tense and North smoothes a hand down my back.

"It will be okay Baby." He mumbles to me.

Shaking my head I turn as Owen answers the phone. He gestures to me and I move to sit on his lap.

"Good morning Kota." My voice sounds broken. Clearing my throat I try again."Good morning Kota."

"Morning 10." I hear him inhale deeply. "Owen is everyone there?" 

"Yes Kota. Were all here. We have come up with a plan." Owen sounds reserved yet hopeful.

"Mr. Blackbourne... Owen. I want you guys to stay out of it. This isn't Hendricks or McCoy.... The things my father is doing are disgusting. He doesn't care who he is hurting or who he tears apart. I want you to stop. Stop digging and stop helping. This once I need you to just back off." The anger and heartbreak is clear in his voice. 

"Kota we want you to come home. Please let us help." I sound calm but my insides are shaking.

"NO! Just stay out of it Sang. You don't know what your getting into! Owen I need all of you to stand down. I have to handle this. I'm getting my mom set up somewhere else. She seems to like the area we are in and its not to far away. I need to get them settled here in their new life and then I will deal with my Father." His voice turns dark and I can hear the depths of anger and resentment in him. "I'm going to end this and him." He tries to smooth his voice back out but its like the anger has taken over. "I .... Well I will be in touch. Don't call me.... I will call when I get this figured out." I hear him click off and the phone screen turns black.

I turn to face Owen. He looks stunned. Me ... Well I'm angry. How dare he spout the lean on me crap to everyone of us during our issues then run for his. I love that idiot! He is not going to run and ice us all out. He needs a lesson in family. 

"Sang.... He doesn't.... Well he..... I think..."

"We continue with the plan. Did you speak to Mrs. Lucille? Will she help us?" Owens eyes widen then he shakes his head and smirks at me.

"Yes she has agreed. We just have to pick someone to play Kota since he isn't coming back."

"I'll do it." Nathan looks tense but ready.

"I know you will but your to big and you look to much like your father." Turning to Victor Owen raises his brow.

"I'll do it." Victor says strongly while looking a little heartbroken. Kota being gone is tearing everyone up but Nathan and Victor the most. 

"I will too!" Gabe says. I smile sadly at him. 

"Good. Thank you both but I think Victor looks the most like Kota. Some colored contacts and some clear lenses glasses and I think it will fool Mr. Lee. Now we know Calvin Lee is a coward. A smart coward but a coward all the same. We are going to assume that he will attack in the evening. Mrs. Lucille has agreed to play Erica. The likness is stunning and since he hasn't seen her in almost 10 years we believe he will fall for it. He wants Erica and Kota in the same place so the best place is the house. Sang you will be Jessica. your body is small enough to pass for a 14/15 year old."

"Whooooaaaa! Wait. Baby isn't going to be in that damn house when that monster gets there! No f*****g way!" North roars. Silas puts a hand on North's should and murmurs in Greek. I've picked up enough to know he trying to soothe him.

I hold my hand up to stop Owen. "Yes North I am. I'm just as trained as you are. I'm doing this. If you would like to argue leave the room. I'm not going to discuss this. Everyone here knows I'm trained and can take care of myself. Now are You going to sit there quietly and listen or take your tantrum outside?"