chapter 42

Kota's POV~

454, 456, 457..... Why can't I just concentrate o. Keeping Vic and Sang safe.... 458, 459, 460, 461 .... This weekend is about Victor and Sang. I'm just going to help Vic! 462, 463, 464, 465, 466..... I can do this. I'm not going to think about Sang in that cute dress... 467 .... Or how adorable she looks with her big sunglasses..... 467..... Her wide smile..... 467...... Her hair curled at the ends kissing her neck..... 467..... How soft and long her legs look..... 467..... Damnit! Stop this. Get yourself together. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8.....

~Sang's POV~

Kota looks so agitated. He keeps drumming her fingers on the steering wheel. Victor catches my eyes and asks with one look if I know what's going on with him. 

"Ahhhhhh kota is everything okay?" I ask

"Sure 10. Its great." He shakes his head No as he says it. I've gotten better at reading body language in the last year. Owen says its because I notice the small things. I know Kota isn't happy about something but he clearly doesn't want to discuss it. I shake my head once at Victor letting him know not to push.

"So princess I have to go to the fundraiser ahead of time to check the piano and settings. Kota is going to take you to the suite to get ready. I will meet you in the lobby at 5. We will go out to dinner then head to the fundraiser. I will play then we will slip out after a quick dash through the room to shake hands and smile." Victor smiles as he explains our plans. 

"Works for me. I'm so excited to see you play." I smile back at him.

"Just remember you are Kota's girlfriend while at the fundraiser. We don't want them looking to closely at you." I see Kota's hands tense as Victor says this. He is clearly upset but I don't know why.

We pull up to the convention center and Victor climbs out going to the trunk he grabs a small luggage case and a hanging bag. He seems a little nervous. I climb out and quickly wrap my arms around him from behind. "We will see you at 5. Okay?"

"Okay. I love you Princess!" He squeezes my hand and then walks into the building with his shoulders back and his head high.

When I climb back in the car Kota takes off without a word. His hand falls to my thigh and I hear him sigh.

"Are you ready to tell me what's going on?" I ask gently.

"I'm just trying to get my head ready for my finals. Thats all." 

"Hmmmmmm" I reply but let it go for now. Kota is a vault when he wants to be and it appears that now is one of those times.

Sean's POV~

Saying goodbye to Pookie this morning sucked. I already miss her. We are sitting down to hash out final details.

"Gabriel you will have to keep them entertained. We need everyone's focus to be on the stage and not what's going on in the wings. Mr. Toma's team will be onstage as previously stated. Since Gabriel will have an ear piece in for the music he won't be in contact with us during his segment. Everyone is to be in place and ready to go as soon as he steps off the stage. We believe Corsair will depart to the guest facilities as soon as the main act takes the stage. As soon as Gabriel comes off the stage we will be splitting into groups and surrounding guest quarters. Corey and Raven found two access points that aren't listed on the blueprints when they did their search of the property." Pausing Owen points out where those points are on the map. Luke and Nathan you will be entering from this one and north and Silas you will be entering here. Both have several interior rooms along the hall. You will check those rooms for the children. We will all be wired with comms. When you find them notify Sean and Myself. Sean will come to your location and we will go from there. We will all be wearing full tacital including the masks with helmet cams. We need this recorded as evidence. Corsair needs to go down. We have to stop him before he takes anymore children." 

"Will the FBI be waiting to come and take over the operation?" Nathan asks. 

"Our contacts will be waiting to come in and bust all the buyers and Corsair. Our job is the kids. We have to get them out safely and to the hospital. Once at the hospital the FBI is sending in a child assessor team for the kids." Owen Sighs and looks at us. "We have to be careful and smart about this. We have no idea what type of protection Corsair has on the children. Gabe Sean and Myself will be doing the Toma team in taking the three listed entrances. The Anderson Team has swung security on the event so they will be temporarily taking out Corsairs security and Corey will be in the command room watching the security feeds and running interference. Gabriel you need to switch out your ear piece as soon as you leave the stage. Is everyone clear on directions?" He pauses but I can read the turmoil on his face. He is worried. No one says anything and he nods. "Good. Remember to be calm and stay focused. We need this to go down without a hitch or Ms. Sorenson.... Sang will be extremely upset with us. She didn't say much about us doing this one without because she is distracted with Victor's recital. But once its over.... As soon as its over she will be anxiously waiting for an all clear call!"

"I'm surprised Cupcake is letting us do this one without her. It involves kids and she can't say no to anything involving kids." Luke looks perplexed as he is speaking.

"Its because of her abuse." North answers.

"Aggele is very focused lately on our happiness. I think all of us moving in together unsettled her. She was worried about all of our fighting."

"You right Silas. Pookie was worried. Since things have settled she has really relaxed. I think this job is a test of sorts. She wants to know we can still work together now that we all live together." Responding quickly everyone turns to stare at me.

"Your right." Gabe answers. "This household hasn't been the most harmonious and I'm glad things are leveling out around here." 

All of the guys grin and agree. Things are finally calming down around this house. One more month and Vic will be free, all of the families now know and understand our relationship with Sang. God my family was awful. They see me once year but I'm supposed to marry for them and produce 2.5 children and raise them to be doctors. It was a nightmare. I think the hardest for Sang to deal with was Erica. We all respect her and when the truth came out we held our collective breaths and waited for the fireworks. But instead she asked to speak to Sang then Kota alone. When she was finished she came and hugged us all and said she would be there if we ever needed her. We still haven't explained to Jessica and we are careful around her but Kota says maybe next year or the year after she can be told. It was unsettling for some of our friends and loved ones when they first found out but its finally sitting with them that we are not going to change and to love us they don't have to agree with everything we say and do. 

"So if there are not anymore questions I suggest everyone prepare for this evening. I believe Gabriel that we are all waiting for you to lay out our outfits. So when you are done let us know. Mr..... Uhhhh. Luke if you would be kind enough to prepare a simple lunch. North and Silas if you would make sure the vehicles and weaponry are at the ready. Sean please make sure you med bag is ready. I will ready all of our comms units and work with Corey on getting the other two teams ready.". Looking at all of us he gives a moment to respond. With a quick nod everyone is on the same page. "Let's go boys. Let's be quick and safe and come home to our girl!"