30

Toby Smiled as he got to the edge of the town, well what he thought was a town, it was more a village, though the lights made it look bigger in the snow. He looked at the first house and smiled, seeing some winter toys and some sleds and a snowman. Kids lived here, sadly he had to go in each house. There were only seven houses, and he needed supplies. He walked to the first house and climbed to the window, he smiled as he saw two grown-ups. He pushed the window open and climbed in, he quickly closed the door and snuck out of the room. He entered the bathroom and searched, finding a first-aid kit. He opened it and saw it had everything in it, he smiled and put it in his bag. He grabbed rubbing alcohol and stuffed it in his bags, he grabs band-aids and toothpaste and shoved them in his bags agian, He zipped his bag up and walked out of the bathroom and down the hall, he rushed out the front door and closed the door behind him. He went to the next house grabbing the same thing, though brand new toothbrushes that weren't even opened. He went to the next and grabbed lady products and soap. He eventually got to the last house and he sighed, it was time for him to go back hime, his bag was full and was getting hard to carry, he turned around and walked towards the exit of the village. It was time for him to go before clocky knew he was gone, he didn't want her to worry or feel bad for getting hurt.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clockwork shifted in her sleep, she felt something wrong yet she couldn't wake up. She felt a dark force around her, she felt it's tempting to devour her soul. It was a cold present and so evil, she wanted to scream or wake up. Yet she lied asleep as if a spell was castes on her. She wasn't dreaming only stuck with her eyes close as her vision stared at the blackness, yet it felt so full like something was there watching her. Beckoning her to come to him, to listen to its voice. Yet she heard no sound as if her mind knew to shut it out. Her mind blocked the disease, though why was it a disease. She wondered if she let it in it would it corrupt her, or kill her, or would it be worse that even her mind couldn't think of?

" Natalie," a voice beckoned her.

It sounded so evil and so heavy, it made her wake and slow. She jolted awake, as she gasped for air. How long was she holding her breath she wondered. She looked around, the room was empty. She was alone, Toby was gone. She knew he would be back, she just had a feeling he was coming back. Though she would wait and give him her thought of being not responsible, how could he leave her alone while she slept. She could have died, or worse, people were cruel and she sure as hell didn't trust the male races even if they didn't know she existed.

'Click,' she turned to see Toby with a backpack on.

He looked at her and smiled sheepishly, she looked at him with a cold look.

"Hey clocky," he said as he put the bag away, his arm giving several ticks as a few vocals came out.

"Where have you been, I could have died," She said as she looked at him.

"You are being over dratic," he said as he sat down.

"I know, but something felt wrong. It felt cold and dark like the happiness was gone from this place. I couldn't wake up and all I saw was black, yet it felt like someone was in it watching me," she said as she looked down.

He nodded, this wasn't good. He was here, he was after her, he was going to go through her to get to him, he had to protect her no matter what she had to be spared from that life.

"It'll be alright, I'm here now. Though you might have had a bad dream, I get them too," he said hoping he was right that it was a dream, god he would beg any god it was just a dream.

Though deep down he knew he was there watching them from the shadows waiting for them to drop their guards, though he won't let that happen. No matter what he was going to protect her, even if it kills him, He would spare her the torcher of that life. A life that Brian, Tim, Kate and him left so long ago.