31

The birds chirped as Toby and clocky worked on the house, they had enough wood to finish a wall. And toons of nails to get all the walls done, though they would chop wood together when the wall was finished or they ran out of wood.

" Hey Toby can you hand me some nails, I'm all out," clockwork said as she looked at the pale boy.

He nodded as he put the wood down and put his hand in a metal bucket, pulling out a handful of nails. Walking to her he handed them to her, she smiled and took them putting the nails in her pockets. Toby walked back to his wall and picked the wood up the wood and began to hammer the wood in place, he was glad clocky suggested working on the same wall but on different sides. It made the work go by faster, and they got to spend more time together. He grabbed another nail from his pocket and held it on the wood before hammering it in place, he smiled as the wood closed part of the hole that was in the wall. He walked to the door and grabbed a piece of wood, he walked back to the wall and put a nail on the wood, and hammered it in place. He worked on the wood till he wouldn't budge.

" I think we should get some rest," Toby said as he put the hammer down.

Clockwork nodded as she walked to the bucket and put the nails in it, Toby smiled as he did the same.

" So what should we do," she asked as she sat down.

" I think we should eat something, we need our energy," he said as he looked at her.

She nodded in agreement as she got up and walked to the bags, She unzipped it and grabbed some Lunchables. Tossing one to Toby, he jumped in shock as he watched the object. He smiled as he opened it and began to eat, clocky smiled as she sat down and ate her food.

" I haven't had these since I was a kid," Toby said with a smile.

Clockwork nodded, she remembered the last time she had it. She was around ten and her father got mad at her cause it was costing too much money, though they apparently had enough money for smokes and booze.

" Yea I was ten when my mom stopped buying these, it was because of my dad," she said with a small smile.

" Why," he asked as he looked at her.

" It apparently cost too much, yet he bought smokes and booze," she said as she looked at the roof the had holes in it.

" Same, my dad was mean that why my mom divorced him when I was in my early teens," he said as he looked at his food.

" parents are stupid," she said with a smile.

Toby chuckled as he looked at her.

" Yea, they do stupid things to protect their kids, yet it hurts the kids in the end," he said as he smiled to himself.

She nodded as she began to eat again.

" After we're done eating we're getting back to work," clockwork said.

Toby nodded as he finished his food, clockwork watched as he went back to work. She smiled as she finished her food, getting up, and going back to work. If they get this wall done today less wind would get in, and snow wouldn't get in on that side of the wall. They had the rest of the day to do it, it was only noon so they had time.