58

The door slammed open, awakening the Clockwork and Toby up.

" go and get something to eat, you have a long day ahead of you," Tim said with a smile.

The two of them got out of bed and walked to the table and waited for Brian to finish cooking, plates of food were put in front of them.

" eat up you two, I don't need you two passing out again," Brian said before walking out of the house.

The two began to eat, not a word said as they ate. As they finished they put the dishes in the sink to let them soak, they put their jackets on and walked outside where Tim and Brian waited for them.

" you two will be chopping wood, you will be keeping your stay," Brian said with a smile.

Toby and clockwork smiled as Tim walked away. Brian gave clockwork a small wink to notify he was on her side, Toby glared at Brian while he pulled clockwork close to him. He wouldn't let Brian have clockwork, Brian rolled his eyes and went to do his own chores. The two of them walked to the trees and grabbed the axes there, they started to chop at the trees. Clockwork smiled as she thought back on what Toby did, he pulled her closer when Brian winked at her. She smiled as she remembered his embrace, her face went red as she thought on it more. Did Toby like her or was she imagining it, she hoped she wasn't. She smiled as she stepped out 9f the way of the fallen tree, she went to the next tree and began to chop. That thought kept going three her mind the whole time, she shivered and zipped up her coat.

" Are you alright," Toby asked as he looked at her.

She nodded and looked at him, he smiled and went back to work. She looked away and went back to chopping the tree. While Toby and clockwork worked, Brian and Tim talked at the well.

" do you think they know they like each other," Tim said as he took a puff of his cigarette.

" They have no idea, honestly I'm surprised they haven't found out yet," Brian said as he pulled the bucket out of the well and carried it to the hut.

Tim followed Brian as they kept talking, they stopped at the door and looked at Toby and clockwork. They knew this would take a while, they began to talk as they brought the water inside and put it in the pot. Brian began to boil the water while Tim went outside to find loose sticks and branches for the fire, Brian smiled as he sat down and waited for Tim to bring the fuel for the fire to boil the water. The last bit of wood was on the stove, he sighed and grabbed his book from the table and began to read. A few minutes passed and Tim walked back in with an arm full of sticks and branches, Brian put the book down and grabbed his lighter. He wanted for the stick to be put in with the wood to light the papers on fire, he quickly closed the door of the stove and waited for the fire to warm up the hut and boil the water.

" So Brian do you think they will actually know about their feeling about each other," Tim asked as he sat down at the table.

" I mean we could give a helping hand, you could flirt with clockwork or something to make Toby jealous," Brian said as he began to read.

" no thank you I like to keep my head to my body, Toby won't hesitate to kill me. He has been done with my bullshit for years now, he is just waiting for the right moment to kill me," Tim said as he looked at Brian.

" Alright, no need to be dramatic. I'll just send them to get food for us, we are running low anyways might as well kill two birds with one stone," Tim nodded to Brian's idea it was brilliant.

" I like that idea, plus we have an important matter to discuss," Tim said as he looked down.

" oh no, I don't like the sound of that," Brian said as he looked up from his book.

Seconds later Clockwork and Toby walked in with a sled full of wood, Brian looked at them and smiled.

"we're back," that said as they closed the door and put the wood in the basket next to the stove.

" can you two go to the city and grab us some food we are basically out," Brian said with a smile.

Toby sigh and went to protest against this idea, but Brian stopped him.

" you can ask us for a favour when you get back, just as long as it isn't extreme. Due to my back and Tim's shitty lungs," Brian said with a smile.

" sure just let us get warmed up and have something to eat before we go," Clockwork said.

Brian nodded and went back to his book, Toby looked at her and smiled. He was lucky to have someone smart as her.

" super will be ready in an hour you two should get washed up, wet wipes are in the drawer next to my bed," Brian said as he pointed to the plastic dresser.

They nodded and walked to the drawer and grabbed a few, they went to separate parts of the room and got washed up.

" You better look down Tim before you give Toby a real reason," Brian joked as he looked at Tim who glared at Brian.