15

Toby opened his eyes to see he was in the old car again, he sighed. Another night in the car like usual, he always fled when through two fought. He went to roll over to his side, but a force stopped him from moving. He looked to his side and saw a girl lying on him, he was so confused till it clicked in his head. He smiled and rest his head, he wasn't moving for a while. He wondered if Brian knew where he was, he sighed and looked out the window. It snowed again, he couldn't see anything out the window. The snow piled the car making it look like a hill, he found it slightly amusing.

"Death to the phony," clockwork muttered in her sleep.

Toby chuckled and looked at the other window, snow-filled it as well. He wasn't surprised yet, it annoyed him. This morning was not his morning, he usually watched the sunrise or the birds fly from tree to tree looking for food. Though he could live without it, he was used to it but it was fine.

"Toby," a voice called out from the forest.

It was faint, he didn't hear it. It was too far away, the car had muffled the voice.

"Toby, come inside it's too cold out here," it called again, closer this time.

He turned his head to the voice, wondering if he heard the voice or if he was hearing things again.

"Toby," it called once again, catching Toby's attention.

Toby sighed and gently moved clockwork off him, he opened the door and left it before closing it fast. Brian stood there shaking, he reached for Toby.

"Come inside," Brian said as he shivered.

He nodded and opened the door, he grabbed clockwork and took her out of the car. Brain smiled and helped Toby carry the female to the but, she shivered in her sleep. They hurried to the hut to get to the warmth, Brian had put wood in the store. Brian opened the door and walked in, Toby stumbles in behind him and places her on the spare bed. Toby looked around, noticing Tim wasn't there.

"Wheres Tim," Toby asked as he raised a brow.

"I kicked him out, told him to find his own place to sleep for a week," Brian said as he walked to the kitchen while Toby followed him. "Also I made breakfast, I hope you like pancakes," he said as he grabbed his own plate.

Toby nodded and walked to the counter, and grabbed a plate and put two pancakes on his plate, and walked to the table.

"So tonight were going to get clockworks stuff, I also talked to a friend and found a place for you two to stay," Brian said as he bit into his food.

Toby nodded as he chewed his food, he smiled as the food tasted good. His mouth watered as he savored the food, Brian chuckled catching Toby's attention.

"So when did the fighting stop," Toby asked with his mouth full, Brian looked at him.

"I kicked him out about an hour ago," he said as he bit into his food, trying to avoid any more questions from Toby.

Toby sighed and looked down at his plate while he ate, he looked at Brian and smiled slightly.

"Guess it was a good thing we slept in the car," Toby chuckled slightly as Brian looked at him.

Brian smiled and put the dirty plate in the bucket, and walked to the door.

"I'll Be right back, I'm gonna get some water for the dishes," Brian said with a smile as he walked out.

Brian closed the door, Toby sighed as he continued to eat. The food was as good as the other bites, his mouth watered once again. He finished his food and placed his dishes in the bucket, he sighed as he looked at clockwork who was still asleep. He smiled slightly as he sat back down and grabbed a magazine and began to read it as he waited for Brian to come back, the door opened and Brian walked in with a bucket of water. He put the bucket on the stove, he sat back down, and waited for the water to boil. He glanced at Toby and smiled, Toby looked at him and smiled slightly.

"When the water boils, can you chop some wood," Brian asked in a soft voice.

"Sure," Toby said as he glanced at his ax that was next to the empty woodpile.

Brian smiled slightly as Toby looked back at him, Toby set the magazine down and placed it back where it belonged.

"Thanks, it means a lot," Brian said as he stood up to check the water.

He sighed and sat back down, the water was still cold. He glanced at the magazine and sighed, he was bored with reading the same magazine every day. He had the magazine for seven years, and it was boring after a month of reading for the first time.

" Don't worry Brian, will get you more books for you. I know you are bored of reading the same books," Toby said calmly as he look at the magazine.

Brian nodded as he looked at the bucket, he stood up and walked to the bucket checking the water temperature. He smiled as he looked at Toby, Toby looked at Brian.

"The water is boiled," Brian said as he poured the content of the bucket into the pail.

Toby stood up and walked to the woodpile and grabbed his ax, he walked to the door stopping next to clockwork bed. He tucked her in before walking out of the hut, he walked to the farthest tree so it wouldn't get in the way of the existing. Brian began to wash the dishes that Tim had refused to wash, he washed off days old stains off the dishes. He glanced at clockwork to see she was asleep, he smiled as he went back to washing the dishes as Toby chopped woods for the fire.