61

(Pov 1)

She awoke from her slumber and looked around, she stretched before getting up. She looked at the corner and smiled, a pile of scrap metal laid on the ground. She knew Toby would work on the stove, she was slightly excited about it. But she also loved the feeling of living on the land, free as can be but it was nice to have some modern-day technology. She walked over to toby and slightly shook him, he stayed asleep, she sighed and shook him harder.

" Toby it's time to wake up," he shifted away and looked at her.

" Hey clocky," he said as he sat up.

She smiled and gave him a small kiss.

" Hey Toby," she said as she stood up and walked to the bag and grabbed a few snacks.

Toby stretched before accepting the snack from clockwork, she sat down and they both began to eat. He would start on the stove, and clockwork would chop some wood so they could have some firewood when the stove was finished. They would test it out to see if they needed to tweak it, though Toby hoped he got it on the first time. He finished his snack and stood up and stuffed the wrapper in the bag, he grabbed the bag that Tim gave him and pulled out welding goggles and a welding tank. He walked to the scrap metal and smiled as he slipped the goggles on his face, he looked at clockwork and smiled.

" Clockwork my dear would you be so kind to chop some wood so you won't be in the blast of the tank," he said with a smile.

She nodded and stood up walking to the axe and grabbing it before leaving their little home. Toby smiled as he pulled the goggles over his eyes and began to work, he started on the sides of the stove so he would have a base to work with. Though he kinda regrets having clockwork leave as it was hard to weld and hold the metal in place, though he did manage though slower than he wanted to. He sighed as he finished welding the two metals together, he grabbed another piece and started to weld it to the back of the two metals that were already fused together. It was less hard as it had a balance with the two pieces the were fused to each other, yet his ticks made it a challenge but he still managed. He smiled as the third piece was fused with the other parts of the metal, he grabbed another piece though unlike the three he had fused together it had a nice cut out of it right in the middle, this piece would work as the opening of their stove. He started to weld it to the metal, now a less struggle as it had a complete balance. He turned off the tank and took off the goggles and smiled, it looked good and he was ready to make it thicker so the fire wouldn't burn through it. He put his goggles on and turned the tank on and started to weld again, layering it to make sure it would be safe for them.

' knock, knock, knock,' Toby turned off the tank and walked to the door, he smiled as he saw clockwork.

She walked in and lied down in the corner, Toby sighed as he saw she was shivering. Must have been could, he put the goggles and tank back in the bag. He walked to the door and locked it, he turned to her and walked to her stopping next to her. He lied down next to her and snuggled close to her, she smiled as she grabbed his arm and held it to her chest. She closed her eyes and went back to sleep, Toby smiled as he played with her hair with his other hand. He wondered what life would be like to feel pain just like her, yet his illness made it impossible. It was a curse he was born with, he sighed as he moved his hand away from her hair. Tomorrow he would boil some water so they could have a shower, they were covered in sweat and their own bodily oil. Plus they smelt horrid and needed a wash, they would have to wear clothes that Brian gave them when they visit them. He sighed and closed his eyes.