65

'Tick, tick, tick,' Toby opened his eyes and looked around, he was in an unfamiliar room.

He wasn't in the small home with clockwork, he was in a medium-size home with the walls wrapped in some old timely wallpaper. He sighed as he looked around only to stop dead in his track, three people stood facing away from him. Static came from their direction, he slowly walked to them. Stopping a foot away from them, he sighed and grabbed the person in the middle. He turned them around and screamed as the woman had her face mutilated and slightly decayed to the point of unrecognizable, she groaned as she tried to speak but the way her face was in that state of condition made it nearly impossible. Toby jolted awake and looked around, he was back in their small little house. He sighed as he wiped the sweat off, what a nightmare. He looked to his left to see clockwork asleep, her dying clock slowly ticking. He wondered how she could sleep with that in her head, it must be annoying to hear that ticking every second of every day. He sighed and stood up and walked to the bucket, the water was black due to the sweater. He pulled it out and rung out the water and placed it to the side, he stood up and unlocked the door. He grabbed the bucket and walked outside and poured it, he filled the bucket with snow and walked to the house. Setting it down he walked away and started to pile three pieces of wood on each other, he started a fire and waited for it to light up the rest of the wood. He smiled and grabbed the bucket and placed it on the fire and waited for it to melt, unlike yesterday it melted fast and warmed up quickly. He smiled as he grabbed the bucket and brought it inside and washed his sweater again, the water came out a dark brown as he rang it out. He sighed and repeated the same process, as he brought the bucket back inside he set it down and washed it again. The water hardly changed, just to a light brown, he ranged it out and placed it on the clothesline. He smiled and grabbed clockworks clothes and took them down and placed them next to her, he went back to his clothes and washed his second sweater. The water hardly changed, only getting slightly darker. He ranged it out and put it on the clothesline, he washed his pants which turned the water black. He ranged them out and placed them on the side, he stood up and carried the bucket out dumping it and filling it with snow. He boiled it and brought it back inside and washed his pants, only for the water to turn black. He debated with himself to let it soak, and he agreed but he would wash the rest of his clothes first. He ranged his jeans out and put them to the side, standing up he grabbed the bucket and walked outside, and dumped it. Filling it up with snow, he put it on the fire and boiled it. He brought it back in and washed his long-sleeved shirt, which only made the water look slightly yellow. He washed his socks and underpants which only made the water turn slightly brown, he ranged out his clothes and hunger them up on the line. He walked back to the bucket and stuffed his jeans in the bucket and sat next to clockwork, snuggling next to her before closing his eyes. He fell asleep without a dream, he liked thoughts nights. Thirty minutes passed and he jerked away, he looked at the door to see it was unlocked he sighed and looked to his left to see clockwork still next to him. He smiled and stood up walking to the door and locking it, he walked back to clockwork and sat down, snuggling her as he closed his eyes and went back to sleep. There was no point in staying up if clockwork wasn't up with him, she made him feel normal and happy. He couldn't remember a time he was happy before he met her, he probably was happy once but the sickness was getting to him. It had wiped away so much happiness and educational memories that he was convinced that thing was trying to make him his proxy again by wiping everything away so he would just fall every word he had demanded, though he wasn't stupid he knew what was going on for the most part. Though he would ask about dealing with it when he saw Brian and Tim again, they were veterans with this stuff. They were the first to have video evidence which also sadly was manny of their friend's demise, and Brian having a screwed back to the point of being on hardcore painkillers everyday. He had seen him without one before and it was terrifying and sad, as all he did was scream in pain on the top of his lungs till Tim gave him a needle that knocked him out. He knew that his body would get used to the pills and it would eventually stop working, he feared that day as Tim and Brian told him that he would have to go on morphine just to stop the pain. When the would start to wear off Brian told him he would just end it as he wouldn't go to drugs to solve his problem, as he always talked about seeing friends go down the wrong path and saw how they all turned out. Many dead, others locked up for robberies, and the rest in jail for murder. They couldn't do anything to help Brian as he would be taken away if they went to a hospital as he was a missing man, and Tim was also a missing man. Though if it came to it, Toby would find someone in the black market to help as Brian was a brother or even a dad at some points. He wouldn't let him die, they were too close for that, they were family. So was Tim, but he saw him as an annoying cousin and or brother. He was also sure Tim would knock Brian out and drag him to the hospital before Brian had a chance to end himself, they were best friends.