33

The wind blew hard as Toby and clockwork took shelter in their house, the wind nipping at their skin as they leaned on the wall. They didn't expect a blizzard to come tonight, yet it was here. The only good wall wasn't sheltering them as the wind blew in every direction, snow filling the floor as it Schweiz through the holes. They wondered if they would make it through the night, or freeze to death. Though they stared at the door that was only closed by a piece of wood, that was a wedge at the bottom of the door. They hoped it holds, it might just save their lives if it held and stayed closed. Though all they could do was stay close and cuddle each other, hoping their heat would keep them warm for the night.

" Are you alive," clockwork asked as she glanced at him.

He nodded, too cold to speak, even if he could he wouldn't. The cold would burn his lungs and make him cough, he had been through this before. Though he was alone that time, he was now with someone. They could keep each other warm, and safe while they sat down.

" How are you holding up," toby asked.

" I'm cold, and I can't feel my toes. So I could be better," she said as she closed her eye.

Toby nodded as he looked back at the door, it was holding good. Though he didn't know how long the old wood would hold, he felt like it would break under the harsh winds. Yet it held its place, it may have been old but it was sure sturdy and ready to take anything on.

" I'm cold," clockwork said as she snuggled close to him.

" I know just stay close to me," he said as he glanced at her.

She nodded, God she wished they had fixed all the walls. They would have been warmer, and less snow in the house.

" do you think will make it," she asked.

" yes," he said hoping he was right.

He had no idea what was going to happen. The wind was still blowing, and the cold felt like it was colder. Though he still had hope, that's all that matters.

" will make it," he muttered to himself.

She nodded and looked at him, he was shaking and had snow on him.

" How are you holding up Toby," she asked.

" I'm good, I just can't feel the cold so I don't know," he said as he closed his eyes. " I say I'm fine, so I might be fine," he said as he leaned his head on clockwork.

" I hope you're fine," she said as the house sounded like it was whistling.

He nodded she was too kind to him, one of the few the shown kindness to him.

" Don't worry, I'm fine just get some sleep," he said.

She nodded and closed her eyes, she felt herself began to drift asleep. She was so tired, yet she tried to fight it. Though she ended up asleep, the cold no longer bothering her.