74

She sighed and looked down at her hands, she felt bad for snapping at her instructor. She knew she wanted to encourage her yet yesterday she was in a bad mood, she had gotten in a fight before her class with her boyfriend. She moved her hands to her wheels and began to push, she rolled out of her house and to the store to buy a box of chocolates as an apology for her behavior. She knew her behavior was inappropriate and was a bad way of expressing herself, she hurried to the store stopping at the street lights before crossing. As she finally got to the store she rolled in and went to the snack ille, she picked up the nicest one and rolled to the office supply ille. Grabbing some sticky notes and some pens, she went to the one of the seven counters and paid for her items. The male behind it scanned her items before scuffing at her as if her presence was an insult to him.

"What's with the attitude," she asked calmly hoping it had nothing to do with her.

"I'm just sick of people like you taking our money and pretending to be hurt, I saw you a month ago walking and suddenly you're in a chair," he huffed throwing her things in a bag as he demanded her to pay in full.

"First off I was run over and I'm getting treatment, the second I have a job and I'm the damb sheriff of this town kid. Third I want you to get your manager and bring him here so we can have a little chat about your behavior, and most importantly my life and what you see of it isn't your business unless I affect your job or salary boy," she hissed as everyone looked at the boy in disgust.

He rolled his eyes and pulled the phone up and began to speak.

"Sir there is a Karen at all three, she wants to speak to you," he huffed before hanging up and glaring at her.

A man quickly showed up with his cane, the male glanced at him before looking at the sheriff and smiled.

"Hello Daisy, how was the instructor yesterday. Heard you gave her the cold shoulder like anyone else who got on your bad side," he chuckled as he stood next to her.

"It was good, but your employee has insulted me and degraded me due to me being in a chair, would you like me to repeat what he had said," daisy spoke calmly yet her voice held anger.

"Of course, I would," the male said as his western accent slipped out.

"I'm just sick of people like you taking our money and pretending to be hurt, I saw you a month ago walking and suddenly you're in a chair," she said with the same attitude as the employee.

The male stood there baffled as he glanced at his employee with shock and disgust, he looked around hoping this was a misunderstanding but many people spoke up about the incident.

"It's true, all she wanted to do was buy a few things and he threw them in the bag without a care while he said that," a elder lady said as she pointed to him.

Dave nodded and glanced at Daisy, who looked at him.

"My apologies Daisy, this boy will be fired right away for his action. Eric, please see me in my office now, don't bother paying daisy it on the house," have said with a smile.

"Nah I'll still pay, after all, you are taking care of him," she said hinting to her son she gave up when he was born.

He nodded and smiled, daisy had a heart of gold on some things, and when she had her mind set on something it wouldn't change an inch.

"Alright, then pay and hurry to your destination," he said as he glared at his employee as he took her cash and she left.

She hurried to the clinic and rolled in, her instructor stood there talking to the make at the front desk.

"Anna," she said as the lady turned around and smiled.

"I don't have you today Daisy," she said with a smile wondering if daisy had forgotten about yesterday it mixed up days.

"I know, I got you some chocolate, pens, and sticky notes as an apology for yesterday," she said looking down.

"It's alright dear, you just going through grief. You were in anger but now at acceptance. I have dealt with really mean people who called me slurs or judged me on my skin color, you just had a bad day and I'm happy for the apology. It's not easy to be disabled, though with time you'll get on your feet and walk again," Anna said with a smile.

"Thank you, Anna I'm happy you understand me, I feel like a freak and a outcast since the accident," Daisy spoke softly.

"I know but will get through this together, just take your time," she spoke as daisy nodded. " you should head home I have a client coming any moment now," she said as daisy nodded and rolled off.

Today sucked yet she felt better knowing she didn't mess up with Anna, that she still had someone to turn to. She couldn't trust her boyfriend after he cheated on her, they were distant yet they tried to stay together yet it was pointless. She wasn't able to be intimate with him unlike before, she knew he would cheat again but she remains faithful hoping it was her emotions getting to her.