6

She felt warm and safe, it was comforting. It had been a while since she felt that like she could relax fully. Like everything at this moment didn't matter, she felt like she could let her guard down. She slowly opened her eyes and looked around, her eyes widen as she saw someone's arms around her. She screamed and pushed her body away from the body. Flashbacks of that awful time with her family flashed into her mind, she couldn't hold them back. She cried into her hands, as she shook like a leaf in a wind storm. Toby watched as clockwork trembled in fear, he felt bad for causing this. He paused and thought about why he felt bad, it had been a long time since he felt bad for someone other than his mother. Why though, she was a stranger to him.

" hey calm down, it's not real your having an episode. So take a deep breath and relax," he said hoping to calm her down.

" why were you touching me, I told you to sleep on the floor. Instead, you sleep with me," she screamed as she whipped her hands away from her face.

" in sorry I was trying to stop you from crying last night and you fell asleep on me, I didn't want to wake you so I stayed put," he said panicky.

" you Still slept with me," she hissed.

" no, I didn't, I slept beside you. Big difference, I'm still a fucking virgin," he said whipping his arms around.

Voices were heard from outside, Toby panicked and covered her mouth. She jumped at his actions, she was ready to fight him but he spoke.

" People are outside so shut up," he muttered in her ear.

She nodded but still sobbed trying to hold back her tears.

" where is that murder, we were on his tail last night. If it wasn't for larry dying we could have got him, but no he had to get decapitated," the male yelled annoyed.

" clockwork do you have weapons," he asked quietly.

" yes," she whispered.

" good cause we gonna kill these fuckers and run," he said as he picked his ax off the floor.

" fine just let me pack my things," she said as he nodded.

" fine but I want my sweater back," he said tugging on its sleeve.

She got up and toss the sweater at him, tolling her eyes she walked to the closet. She quickly packed her bags, leaving nothing behind, forcing everything in the bag. Opening boxes so it would fit right. She zipped the bag up and stood up.

" ready," she said as she slipped on her backpack.

They snuck to the door and Toby peeked out, only to see three men looking around the building. Flashlight in hand as they looked for clues.

" So why did they close this building," one of the men asked.

" there was a spider infestation, like the black widow, brown recluse, and other deadly spiders. Y'know bob" the male hissed at his partner.

" hey, I got an idea why don't I play a hostage and you get us out of here," clockwork said as Toby looked at her.

Toby smiled and grabbed her by the shoulder and placed an ax next to her neck. He opened the door and walked out, his head high knowing the plan would work.

" Hey fuckers I'm over here," he yelled loudly.

The three males turned and pulled their guns out and pointed it at them, they were ready to get their killer.

" you let me leave and this young girl gets to live," he said with a smile.

The males looked at him and smiled, one of them laughed as Toby looked confused.

"You mean shoot threw her, she's homeless, no one's going to miss her," the tall male said as the other males nodded.

" what kind of people are you," she yelled in anger.

" Why does it matter you are going to die anyway," one male chuckles out as if it was some kind of joke.

" so any other plans" she whispers.

He nodded and backed up, she kept her head forwards looking at the three males

" I owe you one," he said as he hit her over the head with the flat side of the ax.

She fell to the ground everything had gone black, she lied there on the snowy ground. Toby bolted and ran for his life, the three men chasing him. Ignoring clockwork who was knocked out in the cold harsh weather, they didn't have the time for her. They viewed her as a problem than a person, they believed it would resolve itself. Like any other problem they had they ignored it unless it would give them a good look for the media and its people.