49

Toby and clockwork stood outside with a smile on their face, they were ready to fix the roof. They just needed to cut some wood, then they would be ready.

" you ready clocky," Toby said with a smile.

" Yeah, I'm just happy we found our forever home," she said with a smile.

It would be their first forever home since they became killers, they were excited to finish their home. Toby handed clockwork an axe, they walked to the trees stopping in front of their own tree. They began to chop, it would be quicker if they both chopped their own tree down. Clockwork smiled as she got halfway through her tree, she looked at Toby who was halfway through his. She went back to chopping, wood chunks sprayed everywhere as they chopped the wood.

" Timber," Clockwork yelled as the tree fell onto its side.

Toby smiled as he kept chopping, he found her amusing.

" Timber," he yelled before getting out of the way.

The tree landed where he once was, choosing trees was a dangerous sport. He went to another tree, while clockwork grabbed the saw. He wondered what Tim and Brian were up to, he shook his head. He had to keep his focus on the tree, he didn't want it to fall on him. They kept it up till they had enough wood for the roof and a bunch of spare wood, they might use the spare wood in the summer to make the home bigger or make furniture. They hadn't decided yet, they began to drag the wood next to the house. Till all the plank wood was in a pile, Toby climbed the roof with the bucket of nails and a hammer. He started to nail the wood in place, starting from the edge. Once done he got another plank from clockwork who was still on the ground, she lifted it to him and he grabbed it. He pulled it up and dragged it to the nailed plank of wood, he nailed the wood in place and repeated his actions till he got one side of the roof filled. He crawled to the other side and waited for clockwork to bring him some wood, she dragged the wood through untouched snow that was up to her thighs. She lifted it to Toby who grabbed it, pulling it up to the off. He quickly brought it to the edge of the roof and nailed it in place, he grabbed another wood from clockwork and did the same. She went and grabbed another plank of wood, dragging it through the snow. As she got to the wall Toby was already waiting for her, she smiled and handed it to him. He dragged it up as she went to grab another one, it went on like this for hours the roof was fixed. Toby jumped down and walked to clockwork, she was out of breath and tired. She hadn't worked this hard before, Toby put a hand on her shoulder. She smiled as they bother went inside, it was slightly warm in the house. Toby went to the bag and made food for each other, clockwork sat down and tried to catch her breath. She was planning to sleep after getting something to eat, she was tired. She was trying to fight the edge to sleep, she needed to eat first. Toby walked to her and handed her a sandwich, she took it and began to eat. Toby sat next to her eating his sandwich, he was tired too though he was going to think for a while.

" Thank you, Toby," she said before closing her eyes.

He nodded as he took the last bite of his sandwich, they should nail wood on the outside so no air could get in. It would be warmer in here if they did, he would talked to clockwork in the morning. He closed his eyes and drifted asleep.