Chapter 55: Mocking

Chapter 55: Mocking

"Hilarious!" He yells from the bottom of Glenn's staircase. After hearing from Maggie, who heard from Beth, about yesterday night, Daryl grumbles and stews.

"I'm sorry, sounds like fun, but I'm sorry."

"You know how bad I hurt right now? It's like she cut it off!" Coming down the stairs, Glenn hands Kensi to Daryl, with a smirk. "Hi baby."

"What's Mommy cut off?"

"Nothing darling. Mommy's cut off."

"From what?"

"Something yer little ears can't hear about."

"Oh." Glenn laughs and they head to the kitchen where Beth and Maggie immediately stop talking and Daryl raises an eyebrow. When Daryl gets closer he hands Kensi to her and she just smiles widely. "Mommy's cut off!"

Maggie and Beth look at Kensi while Daryl and Glenn laugh to themselves.

"Really classy Daryl." Beth glowers.

"What, I said nothing." Chuckling to himself Kensi keeps laughing and saying it over and over again.

"I'm going to kill you." Beth mouths to Daryl and he grabs Kensi am tosses her into the air, catching her safely as she comes back down.

"Heehee!!! Again!" He does it a few more times an Kensi forgets all about her favorite saying.

"We best be going." Beth smiles and hugs Maggie and Glenn before they get out to the truck and put Kensi in her carseat. Getting in the truck, Daryl can feel her glare at him while he starts the truck up. As they get out of the driveway, Beth smacks him upside the head, hoping it doesn't make him upset like it did before. "What is wrong with you!"

"What! Glenn brought it up and I clarified. Be mad at yerself for talking to Maggie about it." Frowning, she knows he is right.

"Okay, yer right...am I really cut off?"

She asks quietly as Kensi plays with her teddy in the back.

"Of course not." He says before kissing her hand.

"Good."

Driving, Daryl takes some back roads and just cruises slowly with the window downs. Feet on the dash and leaning back in her seat, Beth closes her eyes and just lets the wind hit her face and take her hair. Pulling down a narrow wooded road, Daryl comes to a stop and Beth opens her eyes.

"What are we doin'?"

"Takin' a walk. Come on girls." He softly calls and Kensi bounces in her seat until Daryl unbuckles her and puts her on his shoulders. Walking down the path, Beth grabs Daryl's free hand that isn't bracing Kensi's legs.

"It's so beautiful out here." Beth says leaning into Daryl.

"Yep. How's the view up there sweet pea?"

"Pitty."

"Pretty?" Daryl asks to clarify.

"Yeah." The small girl holds onto Daryl's hair and happily giggles as a butterfly tickles her nose before flying passed. "Buttafy."

"Yep." They keep walking until they find an opening to a small creek. "Kens, you wanna look for sallie's?"

"Yeah!" Beth looks at him questioningly and he smiles, taking Kensi off his shoulders.

"Salamanders, silly."

"Oh."

Going down to the creek bed, they start picking up rocks and Kensi just ends up playing in the muddy water. As Beth and Daryl look in one area, they just converse over last night quietly until they hear a piercing scream.

"Kens!" Daryl quickly stands up, pretty much knocking Beth onto her bottom as he rushes over to the small girl who has a crayfish attached to her tiny finger pretty tightly. "Hold on Darlin'."

Getting the crayfish angry, he makes it latch onto his hand and he finally flicks it off and turns back to Kensi's finger, which is gushing blood. Beth sits up and watches him be such a wonderful daddy.

"It's okay. Monster yer alright. Don't cry." He says gayly as he pulls out his bandana and wraps it around her finger. "My lil girl doesn't cry. Who are you?"

The little girl stops crying and hugs him tightly as he picks her up. Kissing her temple he looks back at Beth, who just stands up and goes to them.

"You okay?" She asks Kensi and she smiles. "Look what I found, Baby."

Opening her hand, Kensi squeals happily as she sees the little salamander in her hand.

"Salli!"

"Yep." Letting Kensi hold it in her hand, she wrinkles her nose as she shows it to Daryl and then hands it back to Beth. "Okay, say goodbye to Salli."

"Bye bye." The little girl waves to where Beth has set it down and they start walking back to the truck. When they get back there, Beth takes the baby wipes out and a bandaid with neosporan so she can clean out Kensi's tiny finger. As the girl starts getting upset, Daryl looks at her trying to keep her calm.

"You don't cry now Kensi Marie. We don't cry baby girl. Who's tough?"

"Me." She says as she points to herself and Beth gets the cut cleaned and the bandaid on it without a fuss.

"That's my girl." Daryl kisses her forehead and Beth just smiles.

When they get home, Kensi is out like a light and Daryl takes her upstairs to her crib as Beth makes him some late lunch. Coming back down he goes behind he and kisses her neck.

"You shoved me over."

"Did I? Hmm, I had to get to my little girl."

"I see that. Yer hands bleeding my the way." She says as she grabs a dish cloth with soap on it and starts washing it out.

"Fsss..."

"Oh my go that doesn't hurt. Yer two year old can handle pain better than you can."

"She's a tough cookie. What can I say." Smirking, Beth grabs another bandaid from the counter and puts it on his hand. Cupping his hand on the side of her cheek, he pulls her gently to his face and kisses her tenderly before releasing her. "Like her mother."