Chapter 59: Happy Campers

They woke up entangled, had morning sex on the hard ground, and then at eggs and bacon Daryl cooked up. As they take their hike, they hold hands and take in the beauty of the earth. With crisp air flowing through their systems and sunlight dancing on their tanned skin, they reach the summit of their trail and sit on a rock over looking the country side. Leaning into Daryl, Beth closes her eyes taking a deep, solid breath.

"It's so beautiful up here." Beth smiles and watches the birds flying across the scudding white clouds.

"It truly is. How's he doing?" Turning to her, his hand gently falls onto her small stomach and his stretches his fingers over it claiming it as his.

"He's perfect. But, he needs a name."

"Okay....hmm..." It's hard- naming someone you don't know except an unseen being. Who knows if he looks like a Luke, a Jake, a Richard, or Harry. Or Mark, a Ben, Tony, or Issac- no, it's hard to name a baby and Beth and Daryl would agree wholesomely.

"What's a cute baby boy name?"

"Beth, if I knew that, I'd have said it. How did you pick Kensi's name?"

"I don't know...I liked how it sounded." Frowning, they could find thousands of names that sound good, but not many names that are meant to be used.

"Hmm...River." Daryl says with a smile.

"Did you say it cause you like it, or are you just naming what you see?"

"Yer right, that's a terrible name." She playfully smacks his arm and he chuckles a bit. "How about, Thomas?"

"Ick... no. Next."

"Blain?"

"Nope. Quincy..."

"Quincy...really? Are you even trying?"

"Nathan?"

"Hmm...no."

"Greyson."

"Oh...oh I kinda like that. Greyson...Greyson Chase?"

"Pretty catchy."

"You like it? Because this is gonna be our sons name in five months."

"Oh...I mean I do like it."

"But..."

"But I thought of the best one right now." She looks at him intently and he smiles. "Carter....Carter Joseph."

"Oh my gosh...I love it so much. Do you?"

"CARTER JOSEPH GREENE!" He yells angrily, and then smiles as Mother Nature plays the ventriloquist and tosses his voice from hill to hill. "I like it."

"I don't." She says blankly and he looks down at her confused. "It's Dixon."

Smiling, he leans down to her and kisses her chastely. Looking into her eyes he loves her so much.

"CARTER JOSEPH DIXON!"

"Much better..."

Getting back down to camp, Daryl begins making lunch and Beth checks sings a song.

"Birds are flying, My hearts dying, cause I'm in love with you...Butterflies flitting, My eyes are flirting, cause I'm looking at you..." She stops when he comes over an kisses her lips- letting the moment take place. When he goes back to cooking she continues. Rabbits are a hopping my lips are hoping, for another kiss from you... Wolves are a howling, my stomach is growling, cause yer making me hungry with that ass on you."

"Let's make sure that's never a lullaby you sing to Kensi or Carter."

"Nope. Only to you." She smiles and giggles .