Chapter 63: Good

Chapter 63: Good

It took about an hour or two before Daryl and Kensi were able to see Beth. The whole time they waited Kensi cried for her mother and Daryl for once allowed her this. True, he was trying to make her tough as an individual, but when if comes to caring for someone, even he cries. Kensi lay on the couch holding the elephant close to her chest whispering Mommy over and over again, while Daryl, rubbing her arm and help the blue dog and flowers.

"Mr. Dixon, you may go back now. Room 102 on the right."

"Thank you." He says to a nurse and picks Kensi up, or else she'll run away from him in search of Beth. When they get to the room, she's laying under the blankets at an angle in the dimly lit. room.

"Mommy...." Kensi cries and tries to break free of Daryl's grasp. Beth looks at her with watery eyes and hugs Kensi close.

"Hi sweetie..." Beth says and kisses Kensi's hair.

"Ellie!" She hands Beth the elephant and her mother smiles widely.

"Did you get this for me?"

"Yeah..."

"Thank you."

"Fowers." Kensi looks at Daryl and he hands the tiny girly he bouquet of tulips. "Pitty."

"Yes very pretty. Thank you so much." She sets the flowers on her bedside table and Daryl walks over.

"Don't forget this Marie." He hands her the dog and she sets it on Beth's belly.

"Carter."

"Oh, it's so cute. He's gonna like that. Come lay with me." She pulls back the blanket and Kensi crawls underneath and snuggles into her mother's side. Beth kisses the girls head and rubs her hand up and down her arm. Closing her eyes momentarily, She makes a pained face and Daryl steps closer.

"You okay?"

"Fsss...yeah. Doctor said I slipped two rib out of place and pinched four nerves...."

"What are they gonna do for you?"

"Have a chiropractor pop them back in and treat me with a natural pain killer. They said it was from heavy lifting." Daryl eyes down to Kensi, and they both know it's cause Beth picked her up yesterday.

"Mommy, ove you." Kensi cries and Beth pulls her a but closer and coddles her.

"No more tears baby girl. Daddy's watching." She smiles and the tiny girl shoves her face into Beth's chest.

"Let her..." Daryl says as he leans down and kisses her gently on her lips. "I love you baby."

After spending a night in the hospital and getting an in-house chiropractor to safely put Beth's ribs back in place, they head home and Beth lays on the chase in the back room, with Kensi by her side drawing her pictures and giving her belly kisses. Daryl comes in with food and kisses Beth's lips before sitting in the recliner so they can watch a movie.

As they watch, Kensi is now tracing her finger over Beth's stomach and Daryl just smiles. He's glad she's how she should be. He's glad that Beth is feeling less depressed than she was. After the movie ends, Daryl picks up Kensi, who's fast asleep against Beth, an takes her upstairs. When he comes back, he notices Beth struggling to get of the chaise.

"Come here." He takes her hands and helps her up. Her hand in his makes him feel complete, until he realizes something's off. "Where's yer ring?"

"...On the windowsill by the tub..." She looks down and he is confused. She hasn't taken it off since he gave it to her and now she just doesn't have it on?

"Why'd you take it off?" He looks down at her and she starts to get teary eyed. "Beth? Why were you laying in the tub yesterday?"

She shakes her head crying and he closes his eyes, understanding. Pulling her close to him, he kisses her head as a few tears cascade down his cheeks.

"Oh baby.... no...."

"I couldn't...couldn't... cause of Carter..."

"Cause of Carter? What about cause of me? Cause of Kensi? You really were gonna do that?" Turning away from her, he's more than hurt. He's angry. "Beth, I love you. You were just willing to give that up cause a two year old doesn't understand what exactly love is? I get yer pregnant and what Kensi does hurt you, but baby....huh... I'm just..."

"I love you....Daryl I love you and Kensi. I don't know why I tried to... I wouldn't do anything to hurt you."

"You already did." He says and leaves her standing in the back room, crying and ashamed.