Twenty Four

Chaeyoung's PoV

"I've been searching for you, Son Chaeyoung!"

I could feel the fear running in my system as the grim reaper called my name.

"Oh sh-" I'm just about to pop out but then she snapped in front of me and the next thing I knew, she caught me.

"Jihyo, it's okay, she's our fri-"

"She's the third level I've been searching. I can't believe you hide her from me!" Jihyo said as she tightened her grips on me.

"Third level?!" Tzuyu asked surprisingly.

"You didn't know?"

"Get away from me!" I tried to squirm.

"No! Wait, she's a friend. She helped me."

Jihyo stops as Y/N spoke up.

"S-she helped me, Tzuyu doesn't know. Only me who knows about it." She said.

"What?!" Jihyo and Tzuyu said in unison.

"I helped too just a while ago, if that's not a good deed, then drag me to hell!" I hissed.

Jihyo pushed me as she released the lock on me.

"I-I'm confuse." Tzuyu said.

"She tried to end you once, how can you be sure she's a friend? Also, she's here with the other third levels!" Jihyo said.

Y/N looked at me as if she's asking me to say why I am here.

"N-no, wait let me explain. I went her because I saw someone. I didn't know that there are third levels gathering here too!" I said

"Which is not a lie. I really went here after I said Y/N that I had to do something. Along the way, I saw my ex best friend. So I followed her, when I got here, there is already a commotion happening!" I added.

"Also, if I would harm any of you, I should have done it to Momo!" I said.

Tzuyu, Momo and Jihyo looked at each other as if they are thinking of something.

"I'll stick my eyes on you, kiddo." Jihyo said.

"U-uh... Y-Y/N?"

We all looked at Nayeon as she uttered.

She's looking at us confusedly- no, more like terrified that she's on her verge of tears.

"You can see us?" Jihyo asked.

"She has a third eye." Y/N said.

"Are you okay?" Y/N asked to Nayeon.

Ooof- what the hell?

"Y-yeah."

Not quite long, the other teachers arrives and they took the students who passed out to the clinic.

~~~~
"What's with the sudden attacks of the third levels? Tzuyu asked as we are now in the clinic to watch on Nayeon too.

"I don't know, I need to go back to settle this souls to get my glass beads." Jihyo said as she looks at me.

"H-hey, we are cool, right? I told you I won't harm any of them." I said referring to Y/N, Tzuyu and Momo.

"Oh no, I need to get all the information to the both of you. Especially you and you." Jihyo said to Y/N and Nayeon.

"Me?!" Nayeon exclaimed.

The people on the clinic looked at her which she realized too.

"H-hehe, I'm... I'm just talking to myself." Nayeon said.

"What's with us?" Y/N asked.

"You did the ritual, didn't you?" Jihyo asked.

Y/N, Nayeon and I looked at each other as if we are sharing the same thoughts.

"No!" Y/N and I said in unison.

"Ritual? What ritual?" Tzuyu asked.

"Is it the binding one?" Momo butted in.

Ugh, I swear! I don't think I will able to made out this day if they will keep on talking?!

Your PoV

We are now in Nayeon's house after the long day we had. As expected, everything is off and messy.

"Never thought that this room of mine will be filling of ghosts and uh... what are you again?" Nayeon asked as she points on Jihyo.

"She's a grim reaper. She gets the souls of the third level ghost and turn it to glass beads for their needs." Chaeyoung said.

"Don't change the topic. How did you two come up together?" Tzuyu said as she points on me and Chaeyoung.

I looked at Chaeyoung and signaled her to explain since I don't have energy to spill the tea.

"So that is what happened. Even Nayeon knows it." Chaeyoung said.

"Yeah, I should. Like you literally took my body? Hello?" Nayeon said.

"If not because of Y/N, maybe your body is already my body now." Chaeyoung said which earned Jihyo's glare.

"H-haha! I'm just kidding!"

"So you are a grim reaper... doesn't that mean you will take Chaeyoung too?" Nayeon asked.

Chaeyoung went alarmed and looked at Jihyo as if she's waiting for her answer too.

"I'll take her as soon as she mess up. I'm just going to give you time on your mission." Jihyo said which put Chaeyoung in relief.

"Now, about you and Nayeon." Jihyo said as she moves her gave to me.

"H-hey, Don't look at me like that. I just did that because Chaeyoung said it's a good plan."

"YAH! Why me?!" Chaeyoung exclaimed as I mentioned her.

"That is your first strike, Kiddo." Jihyo said to Chaeyoung.

"But I told her that it's a bit complicated! I warned her!"

"I mean, what's wrong? We succeeded in the ritual." Nayeon butted in.

"Doing that ritual is a bit off to the ghost. It can be the reason of Y/N's lock up here in our world." Momo said.

"Well, I know that. But I won't let that happen." I said.

"How sure are you?"-Jihyo said.

"We have nothing to do with it anymore. The ritual was done, and so far I am that good." Nayeon said as she looks at me and smiled.

"So far, I actually saw how you scream in fear when the ghosts approached you." Tzuyu said.

"Tch, anyway, I'm just curious... how did Y/N able to hit the hosted girl who's about to touch me when I can't?" Nayeon asked.

Well, I've been wondering that too. I know that the energy I allotted on that hit is not much since it's a sudden attack.

"If a living body becomes a host or possessed by a soul, then a ghost can hurt that body." Jihyo said.

"Ohhh." We utter in unison.

"I hope the school will be still a safe place to everyone." Nayeon added.

"I guess i have a hunch why there are third levels there. Aside from the fact that first level ghosts stay there, it's a massive gathering and they can really get bodies in there." Chaeyoung said.

"Luckily we able to stop them."-Tzuyu.

"Uhuh, still need to settle them." Jihyo said.

My gaze landed on Momo as she's in silence once again. Maybe she is thinking about the talk with the principal.

"Now that the school will start, maybe we could start on Momo's mission." I said.

"Momo's mission or you just want to go with Nayeon too?" Chaeyoung said which made me to glare at her.

"What's with Momo's mission again?" Nayeon asked.

"We found out that Momo is studying in your school too. We talked to a spirit of the principal there and he said... Momo died in cancer." I stated.