Eighty Two

Nayeon's PoV

I walk to my room and locked it. I don't know what gotten to my but I cannot help but to think what if dad has a connection to Y/N? I mean it make sense right? I wouldn't meet Y/N just because we are meant to do that ritual together.

Why would Jeongin blame dad? I need to find out about that.

"Nayeon!"

I was startled as Y/N suddenly appeared in front of me.

"Gosh- Y/N! You surprised me!"

"Oh sorry, I went to your school but you're not there so I go here and boom."

"You and Jihyo are done?" I asked to change the topic.

I go to my computer and decided to browse on some things. Also to distract myself on thinking of impossible things.

"Yeah, well uhm. I got something to tell you." Y/N said as she sat beside me.

"Go on, I'm listening." I said and typed on computer.

'President Yang Jumyeong' I typed.

As I searched it, multiple news showed up. Of course they are the most recent. I tried to look further if there's still articles that could help me.

"Well uhm, just in case... if I am still alive, what you are gonna do?" She asked.

I stopped and look at her. She's waiting for me reply and I can tell it.

"Of course I'll talk to you. And maybe get close to you, you know?" I just said.

I looked at my computer again and tried to search the news about the year that I am looking for. I am sure there's an article about it, I just need to look further.

"And? What would you feel?" I heard Y/N asked.

"Of course I'll be happy. But don't get me wrong. I am still happy even if you are dead." I said which made me stop.

"Oh m- I mean, I am not happy that you're dead okay? What I mean is it's fine. Because I could still talk to you." I said as Y/N started to laugh.

"It's okay, I totally get it. What are you doing anyway?" She asked.

"I'm doing a research. I'm looking for some information that may help you on your mission." I said.

I continued on scrolling when I realized that Y/N did talk after that. When looked at her, she's looking at me.

"I just thought that.."

"Why?" She said which made me confused for a bit.

"What do you mean why? You've been helping your other ghost friends and I think you forgot to help yourself. This is the least thing I can do." I said and started to read some articles.

Now that I am starting to realize things, I just noticed something...

"Y/N, don't you think it's weird." I said.

"Huh? What?" She asked as she looks at the screen.

"What's wrong in there?" She asked.

"Here, it says here you died by an illness. Leukemia... but remember Momo? She died because of cancer. If you died bye an illness, then you supposed to be a first level. There could be an change of level, like first level to third or second level to third. But it's impossible to have a change into first to second." I said.

"And remember when you said you woke up seeing blood. There could be chances that it's yours..." I said.

I look at her to see her reaction but she seems not surprised at all...

"Y/N, do you get it?"

"Yeah, of course uhm... That make sense."

"Don't you still have clue what is your mission?" I asked.

She just shook her head and look away.

"I didn't see Jeongin a while ago. He didn't come to school... Maybe we could tell Jeongin. I mean, look, they think you died due to an illness, right? So what if your mission is letting them now your true cause of death?"

"Uh, Nayeon, I have to tell you something."

"What?"

"Uhm, when Jihyo and I were on the hospital to catch a third level... something happened. I know this is really sur-"

Suddenly someone knocks at my door.

"Ms. Im, your parents want to see you. You also have a visitor." I heard from outside.

"What now?" I huffed and left my room. I also see Y/N following me so I continue walking down.

At the living room, I saw mom, dad and also Jeongyeon's mom.

"Hi auntie! How's Jeongyeon?" I asked as soon as I got there.

"Have a seat, sweetie." Mom said.

I look at them and they are seem so serious.

"What's wrong? They look so serious." Y/N said.

I know... Something's off...

I looked at dad and he seems calmed with this. Unlike a while ago when I heard him talking on someone.

"Everything's okay?"

"Nayeon, it's about Jeongyeon. You know her situation, right?" Mom said.

I frowned and tried to read their faces. It doesn't seems so nice which made me worried.

"Yeah... she said she has to do some medication... right?" I asked and looked at her mom.

Her mom just nod as she's trying to keep herself together.

"Is there something wrong? What happened to Jeongyeon?" I asked.

"Nayeon, you have to know something about Jeongyeon. Her condition is getting worse." Her mom said as she broke into tears.

"W-what? Condition- wait, I.. I thought she just need a rest, I thought she's fine? W-what happened?"

"Jeongyeon didn't tell you but she has a problem with her heart. At first, she tried to hide it to us. Even to you. But as time pass by she can't hide it anymore. We found out about her condition just few months ago. And she doesn't want you to know about it."

I gasped as I heard what Jeongyeon's mom said. I just can't believe... How come she hide it to me!?

"N-no, where is she? Is she fine? What should we do!?" I asked as I can't keep myself together.

My hands were trembling and I know I'm close to cry but I just can't. I am way too shocked!

"As of now, she's still in the hospital. She don't want you to know but... I want you there for her. I don't want her to give up, as long as we are still looking for a donor. Please, Nayeon, please encourage her."