Forty One

Third Person

After grasping all the situation, Mina decided to go back to their house. But this time she made up her mind. She called a police and she's fully decided that she will going to make Dahyun pay for it.

Nayeon also come with Mina hoping that they can see the latter. While Chaeyoung and Y/N called up Momo.

It's all clear now to Chaeyoung. Starting that day, when Dahyun asked something to her. But Dahyun didn't like how Chaeyoung respond to it, that made her to kill Chaeyoung.

@Mina's house

"Where's Dahyun?" Mina asked to her cousin. The police is not yet there so they are really moving fast as they don't want Dahyun to get away with it.

She run to Dahyun's room with Nayeon without letting her cousin reply back. As she opened it, she saw Dahyun packing her things up.

"Mina, what are-"

"Where are you going?" Mina asked as she run towards Dahyun and grabbed the bag away from her.

"What are you doing, Mina!?"

"You, why did you do that?!" Mina asked who's crying madly now.

"What? Did what?"

"You are the one who killed Chaeyoung. You killed her, your best friend!" Mina exclaimed.

Not so long the three ghost appeared on the scene. Nayeon who's standing on the doorway told to Mina's cousin to wait for the police outside which the cousin obliged. Nayeon saw the three ghost.

"What's happening here?" Momo asked.

"Momo, you have to remember, that girl. She is doing this for you. That could be the mission why you are still here." Y/N said.

Y/N looked at Chaeyoung as if asking if she can still made herself visible. Chaeyoung nodded. The lights started to flicks like horror and wind started to kicks the window that send them chills.

"Tell me! Why did you kill her!?" Mina exclaimed as she grasped on Dahyun's shoulder.

Dahyun started to feel uneasy and uncomfortable because of Mina's tight hold. She can see the furious friend in front of her that is ready to get her.

But all those fume went down after Chaeyoung held Mina's shoulder. She felt a cold shiver run down to her body. When she looked back, she saw Chaeyoung. Even Dahyun wasn't able to believe in her own eyes.

She turned paler than her usual color. Looking at the ghost of the most unexpected person she could ever see.

"C-chaeyoung." Dahyun uttered in horror.

"It's not too late, Dahyun. Send yourself to jail. You should pay for what you did to me." Chaeyoung said trying to keep herself down.

"P-pay? What?! It's your fault! You put yourself in that situation!" Dahyun exclaimed.

"Dahyun we know that it's not me! You can't live peacefully if you'll continue this way! And even if you can, do you think Momo will be glad to know that you killed me just to save her?" Chaeyoung said which made clear to others.

"What do you mean to save me?" Momo asked.

Dahyun clenches her fist. She know she was caught off guard. She can't think of right words to form and even move on her place. She knows, it's all done for her.

"That night, you pushed me on the rooftop because I disagreed on being a donor for Momo. You did that for Momo, but you know it's not right." Chaeyoung said.

Dahyun started to tear up as mix emotions rumbling in her body. But one thing is for sure, she hate herself. She hate herself that she turned as murderer just to save a life of her love. But at the end, she wasn't able to do so. Maybe they are right, a wrong way can't put up things right.

"Yes, I killed you. I was so mad at you. Not just because you didn't agree to be her donor. But because of your selfishness! Chaeyoung I am your best friend, but right after Mina dumped you, I lost you!" Dahyun yelled.

"A week after I asked you to be Momo's donor. You want to end your life. Just because Mina left you as she went back to Japan. You said you don't want to live anymore! I tried to save you multiple times but you keep on hurting yourself! Then I heard about Momo's operation. Her parents need a donor, she has this illness that she needs a donor just to save her life."

"And I thought... why not? Chaeyoung would be fine if she will be the donor. Since she doesn't want to live anymore. But then, at that night, you said Mina came back. Just like that, Chaeyoung you took off Momo's hope of living!"

"I was so mad at you. After constantly showing to me that you don't want to live anymore. That's why I killed you. I even needed to send you far from the place where you fell. It is the house that I burned just yesterday. And yes, you're right... I thought I can live peacefully if I took those evidence that will make me remember about how worst I am."

Dahyun sat on the bed weakly. Her hands are trembling with stains of sweat and tears in her face.

"Momo... is she here?" Dahyun asked.

Chaeyoung looked at Momo who's standing beside Nayeon and Y/N.

"Yes."

"Can you tell her to show up?" Dahyun asked sounding desperately.

Chaeyoung didn't reply. Dahyun chuckled bitterly and shakes her head.

"She's probably mad at me. Or maybe ashamed. I'm sorry, I'm sorry I was able to do that."

"You can remember her?" Y/N asked to Momo.

Momo nodded, at the last time. Maybe her mission is Dahyun.

It was all deep silence but then they started to here siren outside the house. Dahyun stood up and looked at Mina.

"Can you escort me outside? I want at least a friend to be on my side just for the last time."

Mina didn't reply. She admits she won't forgive what Dahyun did to Chaeyoung. But seeing Dahyun wanting to regret what she did.

"Chaeyoung, if you're going now. Tell Momo I love her. I always do."