Thirty Nine

Third Person

"One choco mint, please." Nayeon said as they found ice cream truck on the first time where they had it.

"Thought it taste like a toothpaste." Y/N said.

"If I finish this all, you'll forgive me. Deal? Deal." Nayeon said without hearing Y/N's response.

They continued to walk as they found a bench to rest with. Y/N explained all she found out about Dahyun and her thoughts about it. Just the usual, Nayeon listen intently trying to solve the problem in her mind.

"You mean Dahyun was the one who arson the house you are staying with? But why?"

"I don't know, maybe you could ask Mina about that place. It's either Chaeyoung used to live there or she was killed there. But I doubt it. Chaeyoung said she was pushed on the rooftop. The house doesn't have second floor. Also, if Chaeyoung lived there, then she could remember it since first. Or else it's like the case how she forgot Mina." Y/N said.

"Let's go, we should find out about that." Nayeon said as she ate the last piece of ice cream cone.

"Wow, aren't you tired for this?"

"It's okay, we should finish this sooner." Nayeon said and looked for a cab. Y/N can't do with it anymore.

~~~~~~~
"You said you went here?" Nayeon asked as they arrived outside Mina's house.

"Yeah, I followed Dahyun. It was after she burned the house." Y/N said.
Nayeon nodded and pressed the doorbell.

They waited till a familiar figure went out of the house.

"Yes? Nayeon, right?"

Nayeon smiled as she saw Dahyun. She don't know, but Dahyun has a aura that is not harmful for everyone made her think if what their conclusions are right.

"Yes, may I know if Mina is there?"

"She's not here, but I can let you in. She'll be here in a moment." Dahyun said and opened the gate to let Nayeon in.

"Don't trust her looks, okay? She may look like an angel but she's not." Y/N whispered as if Dahyun will hear her.

"Oh shut up." Nayeon mumbled.

"Huh?"

Nayeon stopped as Dahyun looked back at her.

"Nothing." Nayeon smiled.

As they got in, Dahyun told Nayeon to wait in the living room. For Nayeon, Dahyun is welcoming. She even ask Nayeon if she wants something to drink but of course, she won't fall for it.

"That room, It's Chaeyoung's room. Do you think you can get in?" Nayeon whispers to Y/N.

"Of course, but how about you? No on is here except you and her."

"I'll call you if I'm in trouble." Nayeon said.

Y/N nodded and went to the room where Chaeyoung used to stay. All she can see is white curtains that is covering the whole room specifically the furnitures.

She roamed her eyes and saw some pictures on the wall. All of those are Chaeyoung's picture with Mina, happily living.

As Y/N can't find any of information in the room, she went back only to see Dahyun and Nayeon having a talk.

"Nothing much special there." Y/N said.

Nayeon just sighed in her mind and continued the conversation with Dahyun.

"So you also study in that school? You're my senior, technically." Nayeon said.

"Yeah, but I dropped it. I'll change my school like Mina unnie."

"Why? You're graduating student right?"

"Yes, well same as Mina unnie. I just can't stay in that school anymore. It's becoming toxic."

Nayeon just nod and decided not to ask anymore.

"Why are you looking for Mina again?"

"Ah, I-"

"Don't tell her." Y/N said.

"For advice, yeah. I want to get some advice." Nayeon said.

"Oh, you chose a right person." Dahyun said.

The main door went open revealing Mina and her cousin.

"Oh, there they are."

"Mina, your friend is waiting for you. I just had to entertain her for a while if that's not a bother to you." Dahyun said.

"Thank you Dahyun. Nayeon, is this about C-"

"Advice! Yes, I need to have an advice." Nayeon cuts off.

She stood up and walks towards Mina.

"Can we talk outside? My treat. Jeongyeon will be coming too." Nayeon said as she clings on Mina.

"Uh, sure. I finished my school anyway." Mina said.

Nayeon bids goodbye on Dahyun then they head on the café on the next street of their house.

"What advice you need Nayeon? I thought it's about Chaeyoung." Mina said.

"It is." Nayeon said.

They both have a seat as Nayeon checks if everything is safe. Then she realized something, Y/N is not with her.

"Where is she?"

"Who?"

Nayeon sighed and shook her head.

"Nothing, just my friend."

"Friend? I thought you came alone." Mina asked.

Nayeon just smiled and nodded.

"She helps me, also. I need to tell you something. The past days, no. Actually the first day you asked me for a help, I already know who you want to talk to. It's Son Chaeyoung. She's a friend too."

"What?"

"I can talk to ghost and see them. Chaeyoung is one of them. I happened to meet them from my one friend who helps me. Well, there are lot of things that you have to know about ghost things but I won't go with it anymore. Chaeyoung is a third level ghost. Third level ghost are those ghost who wants to take their revenge. That is their mission before they went to their safe place." Nayeon said.

"What?" Mina said who's totally confused.

"That is what I know. Third levels are usually the scariest ghosts but Chaeyoung is different. She wants to have her revenge but at the same time she knows how to act fairly. Made me think if revenge is her only mission."

"What do you mean revenge? Revenge from who?"

"Dahyun." Nayeon revealed.

"What? Why would- Nayeon are you serious?!"

"Yes, please believe me. I know this is totally off limits but that is what we found out. That is also based on Chaeyoung."

Mina scoffs and shook her head.

"Dahyun is our friend. Chaeyoung's best friend. There's no way she would do something bad to her best friend." Mina said.

"Really? What if you able to talk to her?" Nayeon asked.

It's just a good thing that Nayeon and Y/N are thinking the same thing considering they are in different places. Y/N showed up with Chaeyoung who's clueless on what is happening too.

"What are we doing here?" Chaeyoung asked to Y/N.

"You will know." Y/N said and looked at Nayeon.