Fifty One

Your PoV

"You should be honest with her. If she's your friend, or she's a partner to you, then she should know what you feel.'

Those words of Yeri suddenly slipped in my mind. Right now I am with Nayeon, I got the chance to tell her now.

"Maybe doing the ritual is a mistake." I said sadly.

Not because she can't help me. I shouldn't have expected that. First of all she got no responsibilities with me. I just dragged her into this because she can see me.

What I am regretting is I let myself to tie up on her. I told and promise that this ritual won't lock me up here. But it seems like my scare is happening.

I think I won't be able to save myself in this miserable world.

But still, Nayeon makes me feel that world still have it bright side... maybe that is the time when I fell for her.

I fell for her...

"But of course, It's fine. It happened and we can't take it back." I chuckled and avert my attention in the candle that is already running out.

I didn't hear any words from Nayeon after that. Just a few minutes, the candle died. I looked at Nayeon and she's still looking at me.

"Thank you for the cand-"

"I'm sorry." She said which cuts me off.

"I'm sorry if I forgot my responsibilities with you. You've been helping me. But I forgot to help you." She said without breaking her stares in me.

Now how can I reply with that?

"Help from what?" I chuckled awkwardly.

"Aside from the ghost that have been chasing me, for making me feel better whenever I help those ghosts. You know how much important it is, right?" She asked.

I just nodded and smiled.

"Okay, to be fair... I'll start to work on your mission too. We'll help each other-"

"What?"

"I want to give back your kindness. Also... you're a friend."

A friend...

"Y-yeah, of course. Thanks."

"But in one condition." She said as she put down the candle holder on her side table.

"Condition?"

"No lies, secrets... be open to me. So that I can help you."

I laugh on what she said not because i found it cheesy but the way she look so serious about it.

"Why?" She asked as her brows furrowed.

"You, you're taking it seriously! Nayeon, chill. I'm just a ghost and the-"

"Oh shut up, it's final now." She hissed.

"Tch, fine." I said.

I just hope this is right..

"And also." She said which made me look at her.

There's more?

"Wait, that's unfair! You're asking too much favor!"

"What? Finding a person is hard. Do you think it's easy especially you can't remember anything. And you're lazy to do it." She said.

"Aish, fine. What is it?"

"Can you smile? You look like a wasted ghost with your look right now."

"Are you roasting me!?"

She laughs and shook her head.

"No not that! I just preferred the Y/N I saw yesterday."

Huh?

"What do you mean?"

"You're smile, it makes the world heal." She said as she overreacts it.

"Oh really?" I scoffs.

"Yeah!"

"Then you should bring me to amusement parks often."

"Damn."

/Knock Knock/

We both look at the door as someone knocks in.

"Come in!" Nayeon yelled.

The door swung open as Nayeon's mother showed up.

"You're talking to someone, dear?"

"Pfft!" I huffed as I saw Nayeon's reaction.

"No uhm, mom. Why? I just... did something."

"Oh, I thought you were on a call or something. Anyway, the food is ready downstairs. The maid said you've been skipping meals."

"Alright mom, I understand. I'll be there in a minute." Nayeon said.

Her mom nods and walked out. I look at Nayeon and she just sighed.

"Why?"

"Nothing. I'm just being use on living without them. In a positive way of course."

I just nod and as she walked out of her room, I followed her.

"You know to be honest, your house is so big for the three of you. I just realized it." I said which made Nayeon chuckled.

We arrived at the dinning table and saw her mom and her dad.

"Hi dad, glad to see you both here." Nayeon said as she sat on a vacant chair. I also did the same since there are blank chairs.

"How are you, Nayeon?" Her dad asked her.

"School is fine. No need to worry."

"Lies." I said which made her look at me.

I stick out my tongue to tease her more and successfully did it without making too much effort.

"That's good."

"How about you dad? Any updates with the election?"

"I told you to watch news. We're on a lead." Nayeon's mom said.

The rest of the talk became so uninteresting for me. And I guess for Nayeon too.

"Goodnight dad, mom. I'll go back to my room." Nayeon said.

We both walk back to her room and saw Tzuyu there. She's sitting and seems waiting for us.

"Oh Tzuyu, how was the search?" I asked.

"Nothing happened." She sighed.

"Well at least you're doing something. Unlike this other ghost." Nayeon said as she look at me.

"Excuse me? Haven't I told you the reason?"

She rolled her eyes and slammed on her bed.

"That's why I decided to help you."

"You won't think of that if I didn't tell you." I muttered.

"Whatever."

"You guys are unpredictable. There are times that you are getting along and there are times that you guys are not? You sure you were partners?" Tzuyu said.

"No." "Yes."

I felt Nayeon's glared at me as I replied no.

"What do you mean No!?"

"What?"

"Whatever Y/N. I know you're just testing me. Goodnight guys." Nayeon said as she closed her eyes.

"Aren't you going to wash yours first? Gosh." I said.

"So what? I'm tired. Really tired, goodnight." She said and hide under her blanket.

Tzuyu looked at me as she's shaking her head.

"Your girlfriend is crazy, just like you sometimes."

I hope she really is...