Ninety Four

Your PoV

"Thank you, Mina. I really don't know where to go." Nayeon said.

"Anything, Nayeon. Just call me or my cousin of you need anything. Good night."

As Mina left, Nayeon was left in the room where she'll be staying. I sat on the bed as Nayeon laid there to rest.

I heard Nayeon sighed heavily which made me look at her. I can clearly see that she's tired after a long day.

"Don't you want to sleep?" I asked as she didn't bother to close her eyes.

"I don't think I could sleep. Too many things running in my head to be honest." She said as she laid her hands on her stomach.

"Like what?" I asked even if I already know.

"I can't tell. It's too messy." She said as she sighed.

"How can I help you then?"

Nayeon sat up ready to talk but then she sighed.

"Nevermind, I'll just try to close my eyes." She said.

"Huh- hey, what is it? Tell me." I said.

"Forget it, it's nonsense." She said as she turn on her side to avoid me.

"Come on, Nayeon!"

"It's not important, just sleep."

"I don't sleep." I replied fast.

She sighed once again and sat up facing me.

"Sleep beside me." She said which made me startle.

Sleep beside her? Is she talking to me?

Literally, I looked around as if checking if there's other person or ghost in this room. I heard Nayeon huffed and I am sure she saw my reaction.

She went back on her side and pulled the blanket.

"I told you, it's nonsense." She said sensing embarrassment.

"Do you really want me to sleep beside you? I told you I can't sleep. But I can lay beside you tho." I said which made her look at me.

"Are you serious? You're going to do it?"

"You said that would help you." I said and formed myself. I just leaned on the bed but now beside her.

She didn't reply after that. She turned her side, facing my side but eyes were close.

"Goodnight." I said.

I just watch her and after some minutes, I decided to lay down completely. I am facing her and just looking at her. I know it's a bit awkward on her side if ever, but at this moment, I can't stop myself staring at her.

I didn't even see myself falling for her. Maybe I underestimated the power of that ritual. Or maybe this is just more than just a bond that made by the ritual.

Suddenly, I saw her eyes moved. Made me close my eyes instantly.

"I thought ghost don't sleep. You can't reason out that you don't want to see me sleeping when you are close enough to look at me." Nayeon said which made me open my eyes and rolled it.

"So full."

"I can feel you, you know." She said as she laughs lightly.

"I'm guarding you. In case there's a ghost coming through."

"You're bad at lying. Don't even try it again." She said still smiling comfortably.

Something on her at this moment. And I love it.

"Goodnight Y/N." She said as she closed her eyes again.

Nayeon's PoV

As I opened my eyes, the first thing I notice is Y/N was not on the bed. I saw a flower on the side where I am sure she laid down last night. And I am just about to look at her when I heard someone clearing their throat.

I saw Y/N sitting on the chair backwards, resting her chin.

"I am not a mind reader, but I can tell that you are looking for me." She said as she looks at me playfully.

"I told you, I'll guard you." She said before I could response on her first sentence.

I grinned and lifted the flower that I am sure she just got outside Mina's house and put it right there where I saw it. I show it to her as I flicked my brows.

"Well...that's a bonus." She giggled.

"Good morning." She said.

I admit she's cute on that gesture. I never thought ghosts could be this adorable and sweet.

"And I can say you liked it."

I rolled my eyes this time.

"Whatever." I just said.

Suddenly, we are interrupted by a knock. I get up and opened the door to see Mina.

"Hey, Good morning. Someone down there is looking for you. The president?" She said unsurely.

I looked at Y/N and even her, she didn't expect it.

"Oh, yeah. Thanks for informing." I said.

I closed the door again and faced Y/N.

"What's up with your father?"

"I don't know? Maybe Jeongin told him that we'll be helping." Y/N said.

Y/N and I decided to go down immediately. At the living room, we saw a guy who seems in a high rank or something. Then I saw the president too.

I am not even close yet when they stood and bowed. I panicked and did the same thing. Y/N beside me laugh because I was caught off guard.

"Good morning Mr. president. H-how did you find me?" The first thing I asked.

I mean, isn't weird?

"I made you follow as you left the hospital." He said without even thinking of his answer.

"I'm her daughter but that's definitely creepy." Y/N said.

I know.

I suddenly remember that Y/N and I went to the amusement. Does that mean they made followed me there until I got here?

"My son told me that you know someone about your dad and you are willing to help."

"I-"

"This is not just about your father but about the higher person that helping your father. Do you know what is the truth?" He asked.

I nodded as I think they are referring to the politics thing. Which is also explained by Y/N and Jihyo.

"You know that we have evidences that your father is the person behind my daughter's situation. But we still need your cooperation."

"Geez, why is he so straightforward?" Y/N muttered.

"What can I help?" I asked.

"We need to get evidences about your father's accomplice to the other government officials. With that, everything especially what happened to Y/N will have make sense."

I frowned as I heard what he said. It's not that I am seeing him as a bad figure after what he wants to do. Because that will benefit all. Free from government anomalies, the country and also Y/N.

But what is he saying makes him so ambitious. I mean, what more make sense on giving justice on your daughter?

He had a strong proof that could put my dad in jail. But he chose to wait just to hit another achievement. He's more on President mindset than a father figure.

"I'll try what I can do, Mr. President. But you have to make promise that you'll keep supporting Y/N until she'll wake up again." I said.