Thirty Eight

Nayeon's PoV

I'm in my school and having my last class for today. It's already afternoon but I haven't seen any sign of Y/N. Well, the other ghost are just roaming around the hallway as they are finding clues about Momo and Chaeyoung.

"Nayeon, feel like hanging at the club?" Jeongyeon asked.

I looked at the clock and it's 30 minutes before the dismissal.

"Next time, I have something to do." I said.

"What is it? Can I come?" Jeongyeon asked.

"Seems you got so much time huh? Sorry Jeongyeon, maybe next time. I'll treat you." I said.

"Okay. Well, I know I got much time. I just drop my work for the mean time to focus on myself and my study. I've earned a lot and I got the scholarship here so it's not a problem." She said.

"Wow! That's great, well next time we got reason to celebrate." I giggled.

"Ms. Yoo and Ms. Im!" We flinched as we heard our professor called us.

"Sorry, sir." Jeongyeon said as she looks at me and we both chuckled.

~~~~~~
"Bye Nayeon, take care!" Jeongyeon yelled as she run away.

I waved back and just watch her to leave the school. Not so long I saw the three ghosts heading on my place. I wear my in-ear and look at them.

"How's your search?" I asked.

"We found some information but still none of them leads to what we are looking for." Chaeyoung said.

"How about Y/N?" I asked.

"Why are you asking us? You can literally just call her if you want to." Tzuyu said.

"Yeah, probably she's thinking that you are busy and don't want any disturbance around you." Momo said.

I looked at them and sighed in defeat.

"Fine, go home. I'll meet you there at home." As soon as I said that they gone.

Since I don't have anything to do now, well I don't really have something to do except that ghost thing. I decided to leave the school and just walk around.

"Just last time she wants to stay with me." I huffed.

Suddenly my feet stops as I realized something.

Did I do something wrong?

"Ugh! What am I thinking?!"

"Y/N!" I yelled as I can't resist anymore. I don't care if people are starting to look at me.

I was in relief when the name I called show up. But wait.

"What?" She utter not even looking at me. Her arms are crossing and her forehead is constantly frowning.

"What's your problem?"

"Nothing." She said, still not looking at me. I thought she's just looking into something but when I tried to look at her, she turned her head on another side.

"Nothing? You can't even look at me." I said.

"Do we have a problem here, huh, Y/N?" I asked.

"Nothing, we don't have a problem." She said but more confident this time.

I clicked my tongue as I started to get piss. She's clearly not taking this serious. What kind of immaturity is this!?

"I'm busy, do you need me?" She asked now looking at me.

"Busy? Your friends told me you did nothing yesterday. What are you talking about?"

"I am, I'm hanging out with a friend."

"I just talked to Tzuyu, Chaeyoung and Momo. They are staying in my house." I said.

"No, they are not just my friend. I met someone else. So if you'll gonna waste my time, I better go back to her."

My ear flicked as she said 'her'. Seriously, this girl has time to flirt around when I am working with her friends' cases!?

"You got a friend? So you spent your day with her when I told you to work on your mission. I just want to remind you, you're here to finish your mission not to flirt with some other ghosts."

"Tch."

"Where is that ghost? Tell me, why the hell She's distracting you? You have your mi-"

"Nayeon, shut up!"

I stopped as I saw Y/N. Her expression went to irritated, real quick.

"Forget it, why did you call me?" She hissed.

"I... about Momo and Chaeyoung."

"What about them?" She asked still on her furrowing brows.

"I just... I just thought you could help me." I said and avoid her glare.

Why is she so mad? Did I do something wrong? Ugh, Nayeon!!

"But it's fine if you're busy. You can go back with your friend. I can totally understand because even if you are a ghost, you still need to live with yo-"

"Shut up. You don't need to work on it." She said.

I look at her and her expression is less tensed now.

"Huh?"

"I already know what happened. I worked on it yesterday." She said.

"You wor- alone? Wait, let me guess... with your ghost friend?"

"No! I did it alone. You were so busy dating with your 'friend' and being problematic so i did the work." She hissed.

Date- friend?

"Oh, that? Jeongyeon? No! We're not dating, you silly!" I laughed.

"Ugh, I don't care whatever you call that."

"Wait, how did you know?"

"I followed you, what else? Besides, you told me to go away yesterday. I don't understand why you called me and shoo me after you saw your friend."

What the hell?

"I..."

"What? You can remember now?" She asked.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that. Wait why am I even explaining?" I asked and look at her.

"Why not? You hurt me, you owed explanations to me."

Eh?

"But that's some sort of cliche moments. Don't feel I need to. I'm just a ghost anyway." She said as she looks away.

I scoffed and wasn't able to hold on my laughter. I don't know but Y/N's expression makes me laugh. How can she change it constantly? She was damn mad then sad then acts like a lone puppy right now.

"What?!" She glared at me.

I shook my head and sighed as I felt like I need air to breathe.

"Nothing, let's grab Ice cream. And talk about what you found out."