Forty Four

Third Person

[2 months later]

"Y/N!" Nayeon yelled in her room. It's already midnight and Y/N and Tzuyu are out of the house. Yes, they stayed in Nayeon's house but also they needed to go out for their own searches.

Y/N and Tzuyu are doing their work separately. Tzuyu sticking with Jihyo and she can say that there is progress. Meanwhile, Y/N is the opposite. Whenever she roams in the city, all she does is listen to Yeri's words.

It is just so unbelievable that they always see each other. Y/N learned ghost things from Yeri, to be honest. Compared to when she stayed with Nayeon. Where all she did is to whine about small things.

"What again?" Y/N asked.

"Can you go with me? I want to buy something outside." Nayeon said.

"Don't you have the time a while ago? Should have asked Jeongyeon instead." Y/N said as she leaned on the table.

Obviously, the jealousy is there. Yet, both of them are denying it.

"Why do you keep bragging Jeongyeon here? Come on, I saw ghosts on the way." Nayeon said.

Y/N sighed deeply and agreed with Nayeon. Nayeon sneaked on her guards and as they are able to get out of the house, they walked into The nearest store.

"Where's Tzuyu? Haven't seen her this morning." Nayeon asked.

"She's probably busy with Jihyo. You know, helping Jihyo to gather glass beads." Y/N said.

"Oh, and you?"

"I'm fine with my friend," Y/N said.

"Uhuh? When are you going to introduce your friend?" Nayeon asked as she looked for something to eat.

"You don't have to," Y/N said.

Well, Y/N wants to introduce Nayeon to Yeri. But she thinks it's not a good idea. Yeri doesn't like the idea of interacting with humans. After all, ghosts are ghosts. Humans are human.

"Why not? Scared that your friend will think that I'm your girlfriend like how your other friends think?" Nayeon asked teasingly.

"Huh! In your dreams."

"What? You said it, and I actually lost count of it. You said we are bonded, making you and me as one. We're girlfriends!" Nayeon squeals.

"Oh, just say that you want the other way around. It's not that, I like to be yours but you like to mine." Y/N said. This time, she's in play.

Nayeon gave up as she walked into the cashier to pay for her food.

"Are we going back?" Y/N asked as they left the store.

"I want to go somewhere."

Y/N snapped her finger as she remembered a good place to stay. It's not far from their place and surely they can stay there safely.

"I know a place."

"If that is a place where you and your ghost friend go, then no," Nayeon said.

"What's the matter if it is?"

"I just don't want to," Nayeon said.

Y/N sighed and shook her head.

"Nope, remember the place where people go to light up sky lanterns? I miss that place." Y/N said.

Nayeon nods and agrees. She doesn't feel sleepy so they walk there and see people who also want to have a memorable night.

"Let's stay here," Nayeon said as she sat in a vacant place and stared at the floating lights.

"Y/N, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, sure."

"If you finish your mission. And able to see my grandmother... tell her I love her so much." Nayeon said.

Y/N sighed in her mind. She doesn't know if that is still possible. She's moving slowly and even if she wants to make progress with herself, nothing is happening.

"I'll try," Y/N said.

"Only if you'll answer my question," Y/N said which made Nayeon look at her.

"Hmm?"

"If I'm still alive, and you happen to meet me... would you pursue being a friend to me?" Y/N asked.

"Depends? You annoy me a lot and I think I do the same too. But we are good partners, right? I mean, the last time. I can't still get over Chaeyoung and Momo's. We did a great run there." Nayeon said.

Y/N smiled as she admitted those satisfied her. It's like a sweet candy rushing into her system.

"What if I'll tell you that I like you?" Y/N asked which made Nayeon startle.

She looks at Y/N as if she's scanning if Y/N is joking or not. But Y/N didn't take back what she said, she just waited.

"Y-you mean?"

"If I'm still alive," Y/N said which sends relief on Nayeon for a bit.

"Well, who's not?" Nayeon joked but still stiffed on the situation a while ago.

Y/N laughed and shook her head.

"But if you are still alive... what are the things you want to experience?" Nayeon asked.

Y/N blinked as she got interested in Nayeon's question. There is obviously many reason to say. There are so many things running in her mind.

"I want to try ice cream. I forgot what it tasted like. Maybe I used to eat those when I was alive. I want to go to school too. And participate with my classmates like you always do. I want to eat with my family. I want to... I want to experience love." Y/N mumbled and smiled.

"Love."

"Yeah, I've been seeing couples the past few days. They seem like they have no problems. I want to see what can they see when they are in love."

"Why? Can't ghost fall in love?" Nayeon asked.

Y/N looked at Nayeon and shook her head.

"Maybe they can, just like Chaeyoung. She's in love with Mina. But look what happened?"

"I mean, don't you like to have some ghosts too?" Nayeon said obviously not a serious question.

Y/N laughed and shook her head.

"Why not? That's still the same." Nayeon said and laughed.

"Well, maybe it is. But sometimes what is supposed to happen doesn't happen. You can't tell who you will fall for. Who knows, a ghost will fall in love with a living? That's more complicated." Y/N said.

Nayeon admits that she didn't expect those words from Y/N. Mostly she talks about unserious stuff. But this time is different.

"I learned that from my friend. She always gives me advice. I thought I couldn't use it but I guess the time will come."

Or it already came. Y/N thought