Eighty Nine

Your PoV

The flashback on that day helped me to find my memory. I get it now, it make so much sense. On why my father needed to hide it. It was all explained to me before that day happened.

"It makes perfect sense. It's all about politics." I scoffs as I felt Jihyo let go of me.

"After I know, your father became president by mistake. The former president have his person running with the same position. They want that person to win. So they sabotage all the votings. But it ended as fail. Your father got the majority of the votes. And yet your father knows that there's an anomaly happening."

"He was told to just accept the position. He have to face all the people's backlash saying he manipulated the votes. But it turned out that the other side did it. And just luck that your father got the votes by accident. People did move on with that eventually."

"Since it will be a big controversy if the people find out that this has been happening for long, they told to your father to keep his mouth off. And that just put you in danger. They hold you so your father won't reveal this kind of anomaly. And that time... Nayeon's father is also working on the previous president."

I looked at Jihyo as she explained it well. She knew everything. Then it hit me. She's also working with those people. She's working under them. She tried to kill me.

"How can you say that without having any remorse. You did this to me." I said to her.

She just looked at me without having any emotions. I know she knew everything after she finished her mission. And here she are, facing me without any guilt.

"I'm trying to explain it on the way Nayeon and you would understand. I know what I did to you. And it's something that I regret. I don't even know what to say when I found out about that."

"I can't believe I helped my own killer."

"Both of you, enough!" Nayeon yelled which made us stop.

"Y/N... what do you mean by that? Are you regretting that you are helping me too?" Nayeon said which made me speechless.

"N-no, I am just talking to her-"

"And now you're sliding her out of here. I won't do that if I was not asked to do so." Jihyo said.

"Shut up!"

"What? I know you won't forgive me. And it's unfair if I am just the one who will going to be responsible for it. Nayeon, do you expect that a third level could forgive someone especially if they are the reason why they died? You didn't kill her, but your father tried to."

"I know what I did is unforgivable, Y/N. Not just for you but for the others that I killed. But look, we are in the same situation. People can't see us unlike they are like Nayeon. That's why I am here. At least I want you after what I did."

"I know Jihyo is right. My dad just did dirty on you. I won't forgive myself If I will just stand nowhere and let my father freely."

Third Person

The three remained on the place reminiscing everything that just happened. Y/N is still on the process of letting the two to help, knowing that they're part of everything. Well except for Nayeon, but as she insists she wants her father to end of in jail.

Nayeon sighed and walked to Y/N. She tried to reach for Y/N's hand but it just pass through her hand.

"Y/N, please... let me hold you."

Y/N looked away with fierce in her eyes. Her pride that comes from being a third level is just arising.

"Y/N. I'm willing to help you. I promised that." Nayeon said.

Y/N looked back at Nayeon straight in her eyes. She saw how sincere Nayeon is. Her eyes telling so.

Y/N's gaze soften as Nayeon does. Nayeon knew it's the signal. When she looked down to Y/N's hand. She slowly reached for it and felt the latter's presence.

Nayeon can't help but to smile and gasped as she sniffs back the tears that forming in her eyes.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry, Y/N-ah." Nayeon said still looking down.

She moved her feet closer that she could feel the latter's lips brushing on her forehead. She then put her head on Y/N's shoulder for a rest.

"I'll make sure to give the justice you deserve. We'll make it out together. Just stay longer, okay?"

Y/N can't help but to gulped as she feels the beat of Nayeon's heart. Her hand that still being hold by Nayeon. Y/N's heart starting to beat abruptly and she noticed it.

Meanwhile, Nayeon was sick of Y/N's silence. When she's about to check if Y/N cares by lifting up her head and moving back, she was stopped by Y/N's hand.

Y/N pulling her closer even more that made Nayeon gasped and hold on Y/N as she thought she will just run through her.

But nope, she felt Y/N's hand that Nayeon is holding a while ago is now on her waist. Nayeon immediately got the move and didn't waste any single second of feeling the presence of the latter by the embrace. She buried her head on Y/N's shoulder as the tears that she kept on holding on a while ago break down.

Jihyo on the other hand left for the mean time. She thinks Nayeon needs more time with Y/N rather her explaining herself on Y/N.

As the two were left in the place. Only themselves they cared about. Nothing much else. Later on, as Nayeon able to calm herself, Y/N take it down.

"Nayeon... You need to see Jeongin."

Nayeon moves back as she wiped the tears on her face.

"Why?"

Y/N smiled as she removed the strands of hair that sticks Nayeon's face.

"He got a surprise for you."