Seventy Five

Nayeon's PoV

I arrived home after I called my driver. I feel a bit relieved since I know I am coming back home.

Oh no, I forgot to notify Y/N!

"We are here, Ms. Im."

"Oh, thank you." I went out and get inside the house then I see mom and dad.

"Hello dad, Hi mom."

"Nayeon, aren't you supposed to be here earlier?"

Right, it's already dinner.

"Yeah, I visited grandma."

"Alone? Nayeon, you should bring your guards with you. Lurking around is not safe especially after what happened."

Huh?

"Dad, Don't worry. I am here and safe, see?"

"You can't say. Everything is so dangerous when you're running up on a position in government." Dad said and sighed.

Well, you can just back out. Wait, is this still about Jeongin? Oh right, I need to find out what's that about!

"Dad, is this still about my classmate Jeongin? I thought he apologized to it already. It's even done publicly after the video went out. That's a shame but I guess he didn't mean to be harsh on you."

"You're not there so you can't tell." Dad said.

"May I know what's that all about? I bet I have the rights."

"That's none of your business, daughter."

"Hon, it's okay. It's Nayeon's classmate and she should be aware of her classmate's behavior."

"Mom, Jeongin is my friend whatever it is. I don't think Jeongin really mean it."

He just saved me a while ago. And she's even ashamed when I asked it about that. Sure he doesn't mean it.

"Your classmate went on your dad's office. We didn't even know he got there. Then he started accusing your dad. It's embarrassing. There are people around him."

"Accuse?" I asked as I heard what mom said.

"You don't need to know. It's really nonsense." Dad added.

I looked at mom and wait for her to answer.

"Your dad is right. Its not even that important. Anyway, let's eat now, don't you want that?"

If it's not important, then why can't they just tell me.

"Okay mom. I'll just change my clothes." I said.

I immediately run to my room and expecting Y/N is there.

"Where is she?"

"Y/N." I called. And as I did that, she appeared with her looks being so worried.

"Nayeon! What took you so long?!"

I want to laugh with her reaction. It's so cute.

"What are you saying? I came here first. I was looking for you." I chuckled.

"You thought. I came back where we are a while ago. You're not there!"

"You do? Did you see the grim reaper?"

"Wha- no... it's not there anymore. Where did you go?"

"I bumped on Jeongin. The grim reaper saw me so I run away."

Y/N sighed and sat on the bed.

"Glad you're fine. Next time inform me."

"Okay, sorry for that. Mind if you'll go with me downstairs?" I asked.

"Yeah, I need to."

"Okay, just wait for me downstairs. I'll just need to change."

Your PoV

I went out of Nayeon's room to give her privacy and wait downstairs just like what Nayeon said.

I saw Nayeon's parents and seems they are having a serious talk. I don't have intentions to overhear what they are talking about but since it's just them here in the mansion.

"Do you think she will believe on that stupid accusations? Why don't you just let her know." Her mom asked.

"Know what? That his father is facing accusations of killing a person? Nayeon don't need to know. That kid just apologized to what he did. The damage is not on us."

Wait? Are they talking about Jeongin? What they mean about that?

I heard Nayeon's door went open. She walks down and eyed me before sitting with her parents.

"There you are, shall we eat?"

"Yes dad."

"Y/N, stay here." Nayeon whispered.

I nodded and just stay by her side while she's having a dinner with her parents.

"So Nayeon, I heard that your friend Jeongyeon is not attending on her class. What's the matter?" Her mom asked.

"She said she needs to have important matter. I think the school was informed too. I keep asking her about it but she's just saying she's comeback." Nayeon said.

"Confident, huh." I uttered which made Nayeon look at me.

"That's why you keep hanging around  with Jeongin? Don't you have other friends? Should I call Jeongyeon now so she could go back to the school?" Nayeon's dad said.

"Wow, you're dad can do that?" I asked.

"Dad, I don't see anything wrong with that. Do you want me to go to school without any friends? As someone who is a daughter of a person who's in the government. It's rare to have a true friend. And Jeongyeon said it's important. Why do you have to disturb her." Nayeon said.

"Yeah, why?" I hissed.

"I just don't want you to be that kid. His behavior is something. I feel bad for his parents. Can't even respect elders."

"Nayeon, you said Jeongin helped you. Why does they keep on pushing that Jeongin is a bad kid?" I asked.

Nayeon didn't answer and continued to eat. Not so long they finished eating. Nayeon excused herself and gets on her room.

"Are you tired?"

"Yeah, I want to rest." Nayeon sighed.

She went to her bed and I am just about to come closer to her when Jihyo appears.

"Y/N."

"Oh jihyo."

"Nayeon, can I borrow Y/N for a while. I'll bring her back tomorrow." Jihyo told Nayeon.

"For?"

"It's a serious matter."

"Okay, but bring her back. Y/N I'll call you if ever. I'm just so tired." She said and closed her eyes.

She's probably tired. After walking and running. I bet so.

"Okay, now, so where are we going?"

"Out of this house."