Ninety Eight

Third Person

Nayeon's eyes were completely shuts, leaving her lips quite open. Y/N wondered that maybe Nayeon is just so tired and probably already in her deep sleep when Nayeon speaks...

"If only I could talk to you in my dreams." Nayeon mumbled.

Y/N eyes were struck to Nayeon as if she's asking if she heard it right. She's a ghost, she'll definitely have her way to be on Nayeon's dreams. But she never did because she thinks it's inappropriate.

Just like the normal situation whenever random people appears in their dreams.

Y/N smiled as she went closer to see Nayeon's eyes. It's already close but something with it that made it special.

Eyes are the window through someone's soul, Y/N knew it the time she looked on Nayeon's eyes.

She rest her face close to Nayeon as she just looked at her eyes without removing it. Now she's sure, she diving onto Nayeon's dream.

~~~~~~~~
Nayeon woke up and felt like she slept for so long. She's still in the table tho but when she sat up and stretch her arms, she notice Y/N resting too beside her.

"Yah, don't act like you are sleeping." Nayeon said.

She didn't expect what happened next, Y/N opened her eyes and smiled.

"How's it?" Y/N asked.

"Huh?"

"Your sleep?"

Nayeon fell on her thought and remember that she had a weird dream. She even remember seeing Y/N there which made her blush as she reminisce the dream she had.

"I-it's fine." Nayeon said as she looks away.

Y/N giggled sending thoughts to Nayeon. Nayeon started to think why would Y/N ask about it? Maybe she's just concern, but her giggles say something.

"I never thought watching you sleeping is not that boring." Y/N said as she giggled.

Nayeon stopped and looked at Y/N. Could be? Or maybe she's just overthinking.

Nayeon looked at the time realizing it's already night. She haven't eaten yet and now she feels hungry just thinking by that thought.

"Oh, do you wanna eat outside?" Y/N asked.

Nayeon sighed and just nod. Y/N on the other hand is ready to accompany the latter.

"Let's go then."

Nayeon fixed herself first as she grabbed her wallet and phone. They went out of the house and get on her car to drive somewhere where she could eat.

"So... are we going back after you eat? Sleep again?" Y/N asked.

Nayeon frowned on Y/N's question. She glance to her and see the excitement on Y/N's face.

"What the- why are you excited to go back?"

"Am I?"

"You are, I can see it on your face. Did something happened while I was sleeping?" Nayeon asked.

"I don't know... did something happen?" Y/N asked meaningfully.

Nayeon hits the brake and looked at Y/N. She suddenly thought about her dream a while ago. Now she's overthinking about it again.

Did she see it or I sleep talked a while ago? Nayeon asked as it's still fresh to her the dream she had and it's truly embarrassing if Y/N heard her talking about it.

Nayeon averts her eyes and started the car once again. Meanwhile, Y/N can't help but to make small giggles as she sees Nayeon's reaction.

"Can I have another candle later?" Y/N asked.

"Why? You look fine tho." Nayeon said.

"Uhm, yeah... but I just want to."

"Are you up on something, Y/N-ssi. You don't use much energy, why would you need it."

"Just because." Y/N said.

Suddenly, Nayeon got a call. She answered it as she continues to drive. She put it on speaker phone as her attention still on driving.

"Hello?"

["Nayeon? Nayeon is this you? Can you go here? Jeongyeon needs you."]

As soon as Nayeon recognized the voice, she already have a thought what is happening but she wants to make sure or else she'll overthink of it.

"I-I'll be there." Nayeon said and ended the call.

"Was that Jeongyeon's mother?" Y/N asked.

"Yeah, we need to go there." Nayeon said. Y/N just nod as Nayeon changed the route.

As she's driving, Y/N on the other hand is feeling some sense of danger. She just doesn't know but she's sure something a head on them.

Not so long Y/N and Nayeon arrived at the place. Nayeon immediately went off the car as she run inside the hospital where Jeongyeon is admitted.

Since she already knows where Jeongyeon's room is, she went there and didn't waste a time.

Meanwhile, Y/N is just following Nayeon went she felt something that made her stop.

She looked at a particular place that made her unable to move.

"Third level."

Before Y/N could move, the figure that made her stopped jumped to her and pinned her down to the ground.

"What a lucky day for a grim reaper like me, right. Third levels like you should rot in hell!"

Y/N saw Nayeon running away from her. Sure that Nayeon didn't notice Y/N. Y/N wanted to yell Nayeon's name for help as long as she could see the latter but the grim reaper who's on her top is preventing her to do so by choking and getting her energy.

"N-nayeon-"

"This will be your end." The grim reaper said darkly.

But before she could finish Y/N, someone throw her away from Y/N's top effortlessly.

Y/N gasped for an air like a living as she felt free on the hands of that grim reaper, she saw a hand in front of her and as she looked up, she saw Jihyo.

"GET OUT OF MY WAY, YOU PUNK! THATS MINE!" The other reaper said who was thrown away from Y/N.

"Jihyo." Y/N mumbled as she's holding her neck because of the pain cause by the other reaper.

"How could you lower your guard on this kind of place?" Jihyo said as she helped Y/N to stand up.

She then faced the other reaper with a terrifying look that only a reaper for long could pull.

"As expected for beginners." Jihyo hissed as she cracks her head.

The other reaper was ready to attack Jihyo when she made her stop effortlessly.

"W-what the-"

Jihyo pulled something, some sort of scroll as she showed it to that grim reaper.

"The one you are calling yours was assigned to me. It's not a surprise for a beginner to attack some third level without any permission. But I'm telling you this, amateur... that third level could easily end you. Might as well let me handle this... after all, she's meant to end on me." Jihyo stated.

Even Y/N couldn't talk because of the energy that Jihyo's initiating.

"Now, you're free to leave. But just take this peace of advice. Be kind to the ghosts whether they are third levels or not. You wouldn't know your worst than them."