Twenty Nine

Your PoV

"Are you going back to your house?" I asked.

After staying for I don't know how long here in the park. Nayeon and I decided to leave. Considering that there are so many ghosts approaching us. They were shook that Nayeon is not even terrified on me.

Like hello? Do I look like some other scary ghost? Besides, why would Nayeon feel scared? We are partners. We are bonded!

"Are you walking me back home?" She asked.

I mean, I don't have a choice. There are so many ghost roaming around. Even if it's not a third level, I cannot just trust her with some other ghost.

"So what's your plan?" I asked ignoring her question a while ago.

"Plan?"

"Yeah, you're planning to help Mina. If you able to, maybe you can make a way on Momo and Chaeyoung." I said.

She smiled, it's a smile that tells she's really happy about that. She wants to witness it. She wants to help them.

"Can I ask something?" I said.

"You're already doing it."

"I mean- ugh! Whatever." I hissed.

I heard her chuckled which made me look at her.

"Okay, tell it."

"Why do you suddenly had an interest on helping the ghost... I mean, Momo and Chaeyoung." I asked.

"Hmm? Because I wasn't able to do it with my own grandmother." She said and smiled. This time, her smile is pure but her eyes tells that she's sad... she's disappointed.

"Maybe someone helped her already. I know she's now in a good place... but I was hoping it was me who helped her to be in her destination. Grandma said that everyone got their own paths. And in their final second in this world... there are only two places. And I know she went to a nice place."

The rest of the walk became quite but comfortable. We arrived on Nayeon's house and we head on her room.

"Aww! That was a good time!" Nayeon exclaimed as she jumped on her bed and sighed.

"I need to go now." I said.

"Now? Going back to the house?" Nayeon asked.

I think first and just nod. I don't have plans to go back for now since I know they are busy too. That they are looking for their answers too. I mean, Tzuyu, Chaeyoung and Momo.

"Yes. They probably miss me." I said bragging.

"Tch, okay. Thanks for coming even if I didn't call you." She said.

I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Whatever." I said and disappeared on her sight.

~~~
Who I am?

Where I live?

What is my mission?

I'm still walking in the downtown and just passes through the crowds as I wonder those questions on my head. I felt drowning as I can't stop thinking about it.

How come we are ghost but we still got this feelings? It's annoying, it's... not helping us.

"Pst!"

"Hey!"

I looked around as I felt that someone is just calling me.

Am I hearing things or someone really called me?

"Over here!"

I looked up and saw a girl sitting on the tree. She jumped down making me startle.

As she saw how surprised I am, she laughs.

What the?

"Chill, I won't die just by jumping down the tree... I mean, I'm dead already." She said and laughs.

"Uh."

"Saw you've been roaming around. Looking for something? Someone? Are you lost baby girl?" She husked which made me surprise.

She laughs once again and now I can feel the embarrassment! It's like she's watching my expression each second!

"Hey, are you mute?"

"H-huh?" I uttered.

"Ahh, you can talk... I appreciate that you are awestruck with my beauty. I'm Yeri." She said and reached her hand.

I just look at it as I found everything weird. She's weird!

"Hello?" She uttered and waved her hand in front of my face. I snapped and looked at her.

"I'm Y/N." I said.

"Ah, Y/N. Second level, I can tell." She said.

I nodded and checks her. She seems like a second level too, I could tell.

"So, you are looking for something." She said and started walking.

My feet works orderly as I walk too. Now we are passing to people while talking.

"Yeah... kinda? I guess?"

"Not sure? How long have you been roaming?"

"I'm... I'm not sure." I said.

She sighed and shook her head.

"As expected. Not because you're a ghost, means you're time is unlimited until you got your mission. You still need to track your time."

"Why?" I asked.

I mean, that's unnecessary.

"I don't know? I just felt that it's the right thing." She said and shrugged.

"How about you? How long have you been roaming?" I asked.

She stopped and looked at me.

"10 years."

My eyes widened as she said that.

10!? Like, ten freaking years!?

"Are you serious!?"

She laughs and nodded.

"Don't you think I am someone who knows alot? I've realized much of thing. It took 10 years to have those... honestly, it's more than ten years." She said.

What the hell, ghosts can stay up to 10 years floating around!?

"But of course, you have to accept that it's not a normal life. It's not fun. It's a torture."

"Then why you don't work on your mission?" I asked.

"I..."

I wait on her to speak but she didn't reply.

"Do you have a place to stay on? I have many." She brags.

"I have, I'm with my friends."

"Friends that ghosts or friends that alive?" She asked.

"Ghosts, of course." I said.

"Ahh, good, good. Keep it up. We got so much things to face. How thinks being a ghosts means just a continuation of your fucking living life!" She said and laughs.

"But of course, worse than ever." She said as she had a poker face.

"I'll go now! See you when I see you, Y/N!" She said and run away.

I was left standing still here as I watch her fade away.

She's been roaming for ten years... more than that. She must have witnessed the misery of this world. But she's still here. I wonder why?