𝐋𝐄𝐓'𝐒 𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐊𝐘 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘

Song: Ain't no rest for the wicked (Cage the Elephant)

Song:
Ain't no rest for the wicked (Cage the Elephant)

The Potions Class could only be described as rather depressive. It was located near the Slytherin Common Room in the dungeons which meant that there were not as many windows to lighten the heavy, humid atmosphere that reigned in the room. The desks were placed in rows, two chairs corresponding to each table. On top of them, there was a cauldron, as well as a solution in a small red vial in case something caught on fire. The walls were filled with disorganized shelves with different herbs and tools, the ones on the bottom being classified as the most common and harmless ingredients while the ones on the top were protected by a glass case that was locked. Callisto sat on a table at the back of the classroom, examining the shelves as more students started to fill the classrooms. She immediately spotted the petite figure of Lily Evans, who grinned widely at her and sauntered to the empty seat next to her.

"Callisto! Can I sit here?" She questioned, trying to stiffle her laughter. The now green haired girl noticed it and instinctively reached for her hair.

"Okay." She mumbled and Lily sat down, throwing her bag on the ground. Quite frankly, Callisto didn't really care who would be sitted next to her for potions. All she needed to do was clarify that she was indeed the top in this professional relationship and as long as the other person did exactly what she instructed, they would both receive Os in every assignment.

"So, are you any good at Potions?" Lily asked, her mind trailing off to her past grades.

"Let's just say that I do know a thing or two."

The two girls remained silent, observing as all the tables were now full. Callisto could see from the corner of her eye James Potter peering at them intently, occasionally turning to Sirius Black and Remus Lupin to mumble something incoherent as Peter Pettigrew desperately tried not to fall asleep. The man Regulus had teased her about the previous day came in, his watery eyes scanning the class before he beamed a smile.

"Hello everyone and welcome to the first Potions class for your final year! As you already know, my name is professor Slughorn and together we will be preparing for your N.E.W.T.s at the end of the year." He began, the smile never leaving his face. "Since we have finished with the syllabus, we will be doing revisions of what you need to know for the exams and you will be preparing some of the most complex potions such as Felix Felicis, Amortentia and Polyjuice Potion on your own. You can pick your own partners as long as you pay attention during the lesson and you have by the end of today's class to settle on a final student. In case any of you face difficulties, I will be making changes."

"He does talk a lot, doesn't he?" Callisto whispered as Slughorn kept on rambling about the importance of N.E.W.T.s. Lily snickered, not averting her gaze from the professor.

"Today you will be brewing a Regerminating Potion. You will all deliver a vial with your potion and a label stuck on it with your names. Off you go!"