𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐎 𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐌

Song:Thinking Bout You (Ariana Grande) "But, at least I have the memory

Song:
Thinking Bout You (Ariana Grande)
"But, at least I have the memory."

"I'm sorry, but this is obviously not working." Callisto sighed in exasperation covering her face with the pillow. Remus had been trying to jolt her memory by narrating stories and asking her random questions she should know the answer to for the past two hours. Up to then, little to no progress had been made. The only thing Callisto had been able to "remember" was Remus' favorite color, which was a lucky guess.

"Maybe we just need to find a trigger for your memories." Remus proposed, looking at the open book right in front of him. "It says here it needs to be a very powerful memory. Sometimes a traumatic memory is more effective because of the shock it creates. So, any ideas?"

"Hold up, loser." Callisto interjected, frowning. "Just because I asked for your help with this doesn't mean I want you messing with my shit."

"Okay, I understand." Remus muttered, looking up from the book. "Maybe a happy memory then. Do you know how to cast a Patronus?"

Callisto nodded, "Yeah."

"What does it look like?"

"Like a nosy boy. Would you happen to know anyone like that?" Callisto teased, enjoying the sour expression on his face. Over the past few days, they had spent most of their time together, trying to get Callisto's memory passed. He was nice to her; a bit distant emotionally, but she suspected that it was because of her lack of memories and not because he didn't like her company.

"No, not really." Remus answered, opening the drawer of her nightstand and pulling out her wand. "Give it a try."

"I don't want to." Callisto answered, taking the wand from his hand and putting it back in the drawer. "I'm too tired for spells."

"Callisto, you need your memories back!" Remus insisted, his eyes fixed on her. Yes, Callisto did need her memories back, but not because of the reasons every sensible human would think of. Remus wanted Callisto to get her memories back, so that she could remember what they had and how they weren't just friends. It was selfish, but he couldn't bear the anticipation for much longer.

"Why are you so pushy about it?!" Callisto questioned, annoyance flashing in her eyes. "The only reason I haven't collapsed right now is because of the medication and yet you keep making this harder for me. You think I don't want my memories back, Remus? I can't remember people you call my friends, or you for that matter. Why would I be like that if I had another choice? So, stop pressuring me and being up in my ass about it!"

"I'm sorry; I just-" He paused for a moment, trying to find the right words. "I just want my friend back."

Callisto didn't reply.

"You scared us all, Callisto." Remus started, feeling his eyes stinging. "And we weren't on exactly good terms when it happened. I thought I'd lose you and our last talk would have been a fight."