𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

Song:Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood (The Animals)"But I'm just a soul who's intentions are good

Song:
Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood (The Animals)
"But I'm just a soul who's intentions are good. Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood."

The funeral of Ares Brown was held in the afternoon, right next to the Black Lake, under the tallest willow tree. Unlike all other funerals held for the murdered students, his was the only private one. Just his friends, his family and the teachers. No press, no random students, nothing.

Callisto and Remus had put up quite the fight to go, only managing to convince Madame Pomfrey an hour before the actual funeral. She had accepted only after conducting an excruciatingly detailed physical examination, even making them walk into a straight line before she said they could join, but were to avoid any excess activities.

"Remus." Callisto called, coming out of the bathroom. She was holding her black dress close to her chest, the white bandages covered by the thick material. "I can't zip it up."

"Abdomen stretch?"

"Why does the fucking abdomen participate in everything I try to do?"

"Little pervert wants you to stay naked." Remus mused, zipping her up. He gently kissed her shoulder, before he took a step back. "All ready."

"Thanks." She murmured, watching as he took the hairbrush from the table next to her bed and started brushing it gently.

"I can do that myself."

"No excess physical activity." He reminded her, pulling her hair to the side.He started to brush it, not even two minutes passing by before he spoke again. "This is quite boring."

"Want me to do it?"

"No, I just wish there was some kind of surprise while I do it." Remus murmured. "Like, a dragon coming out of your hair if you brush the wrong place."

"A dragon?"

"A niffler would do the job too."

"I'll keep it in mind." Callisto said, with a small laugh. "Are you done?"

"Yep." He nodded, letting down the brush.

It was the first time since the attack that she felt like an actual human and not a troll, the scent of her perfume surrounding her as she straightened the material of her black dress. It was simple, but elegant, her aunt's pendant contrasting with the black material.

She picked up her black gloves, the silky material covering the dark brown bruises on her skin. It was the least of her concerns, but she didn't want to look completely beaten up outside of the ward.

"You look stunning." He murmured, kissing her forehead. "Mind helping me with the tie?"

"Yes, I very much do mind." Callisto said, starting to fix his tie nonetheless. "You're very handsome, Remus."